Atlanta Reptile Connection - Inquiry - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-03-2003, 04:12 AM   #11
Uffern
I suppose they could have changed her light cycles to get her to stop egging, but you have a point about the hatchlings.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #12
sprucenubblefarm
Ben Team

I have done business with Ben Team and have been very happy with the critters we bought from him. We didn't have a 100% trouble free experience, but Ben went above and beyond to make it right. Let's face it, things happen that are beyond the breeder's control when dealing with live animals, and what matters is how a breeder handles a situation. We bought a partial clutch of unstarted high yellow carpets from Ben. Several of them wouldn't eat after a month of trying, and he was having the same problem with the rest of the clutch that he had kept. He took the non-feeders back and sent us replacement clutchmates that were feeding reliably. Not many breeders would have done the same and I have a lot of respect for the guy as a result. We've bought several other critters from him since and they have all been of excellent quality.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #13
MikeCurtin
I too have dealt with Ben Team and have been happy w/ my purchases. We've stayed in touch, as I purchased one of his holdback JCP's in '05. Here's the kicker...I once sent him some pics to show him how the snake was coloring up and he was a little disappointed in it (didn't color up quite as brightly as he expected, but still beautiful). Although I am happy with the snake, he let me know that because of what I paid, if I ever felt dissatisfied, to let him know and he'd work something out on a future animal.

Anyone who's worked w/ carpets knows that you can't always tell how they're going to look after a few years. For him to even suggest this makes me want to deal with him again. I don't know if the Atlanta Reptile Connection is even him at this point, but if it is, the animals would be of greatest importance judging by my experience w/ him (shipping, packing, stress, etc.).

Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
E2MacPets
This thread is 5 years old...

Old 02-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
MikeCurtin
Yup....just noticed after my last post....a moot point now, huh? LOL

Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
BenTeam
:)

lol...5 year old thread.
I saw this 2 years ago for the first time, and didn't see any reason to respond, but now that it has resurfaced again...

1) Thanks Mike and Ross for the kind words. Glad you guys are happy with your critters.
2) I don't even know why this thread was started? The original poster doesn't even appear to have been interested in the animals...but a phone call/email could have resolved any concerns over the animals' well being.
3) I work full time with a non-profit nature center now, and so I don't provide much live animal programming commercially any more. I am no longer DBA Atlanta Reptile Connection, and I now operate New Paradigm Herpetoculture. My phone number is 404-438-2135, and my email is chondro776ATyahooDOTcom. If anyone has any concerns, I am a mouse click away....
4) I am a frequent participant on a number of reptile related forums (posting under my name) and have a long list of references for anyone interested in my ethics, philosophies, etc.

Thanks to the original poster for making a thread out of nothing.

Ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!