Active Diurnal/Nocturnal Tropical Snakes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
achris26
Active Diurnal/Nocturnal Tropical Snakes?

Hey guys,

I was wanting to inquire about diurnal tropical snakes. Does anyone know of any that are pretty active and make good display animals? Or even nocturnal ones?

My "issue" is that I bought a Brazilian Rainbow Boa a few years ago with the intent of him being a fun display animal. I have a beautiful vivarium set up for him, and I've had him for about 3 or 4 years now, however he is never out. In the event that I do walk in the room and he is out, he immediately hides. I love the snake, and I handle him regularly, but I was really hoping he would be more fun to watch as well.

Thanks guys.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
bcr229
My carpet python is typically out and about at night. If he isn't he's either in shed or he was fed a day or so ago, so he's in his warm side hide digesting.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
Kaianuanu
They’re not necessarily tropical, but carpet pythons make excellent display snakes and if kept the right way, will be out on display 24/7. They love to climb so the way I keep them is to have sturdy branches For them to bask and climb on. Give them heat lights as opposed to belly heat. Set up your lightning so they have to climb up close to the light to hit the appropriate basking temperatures. My carpets sleep up in the branches and only really get active when they’re due for a feed at night. They're very attractive snakes to look at as well regardless of if you chose to purchase a designer snake or a wild type. It’s also worth mentioning that they’re very hardy easy to keep snakes as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!