Anyone bought from Enclosures by Design? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
SnakeKid
Anyone bought from Enclosures by Design?

Was wondering if anyone has purchased any setups from this company? I was looking into getting a quote from them on some breeder boxes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

James Crenshaw

Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 PM   #2
Sasheena
I believe that Upstate Exotics

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...n&pagenumber=1

is the company that is running that company. The thread is long (50+ pages) so if you read the whole thing it will take you a while.

Personally, due to the reputation that upstate has earned on this site, I would not do business with them. But that is just me.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
ms_terese
Since Enclosures by Design is very new, you may have more luck asking for references from Alison (or whomever you're dealing with there).

However, you may also want to do a search on the owners as well, as they have other businesses that you can find lots of information on. Alison Tornambene or Sal Tornambene

Old 09-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
SnakeMover
You might want to check other sites too

James,
I had a near-recent dealing with Sal through herptrader.com

Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.herptrader.com/classified...d.php?tid=5074

(I hope the link works. If not, just copy and paste it into your browser)

Because of what happened I wouldn't be comfortable buying from them right now. If you decide to after reading things in here and other sites, that would be your choice and freedom. If you do deal with them can you please email me afterward, or post in the BOI, on how the deal went? I did like those cages and I would be interested in buying them if they had a better rep.

Thanks,
Dennis Seda

Old 09-04-2003, 11:44 PM   #5
Darin Chappell
The only thing I would advise beyond that already offered, is that you do a search on the word "Enclosures." Then look for the discussion that was held in a thread, concerning the quality of the enclosures (material, workmanship, safety, etc.) that this company is "offering."

Other than that . . .this is me being good and keeping my mouth shut!

Old 09-05-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Wilomn
Hey Darin,

Great minds think alike. I decided to let this one play it self out a little. I feel sort of like I'm in line for a really bitchin' rollercoaster ride and my turn sitting in the front seat is coming up.

As soon as someone buys one of those cages and something nice and/or expensive escapes or dies the ride will start.

WHOOO HOOOO, here we go.

On the serious side I really hope nothing bad happens, but.......

Wes Pollock

Old 09-05-2003, 12:09 AM   #7
Clay Davenport
I'll even save you some time, here's the link to the other thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=25068

I personally wouldn't buy pet rocks from these guys, but each is free to make his or her own decision about that.
Their cages however are substandard, based only on the pictures they offer on their website. The cheap price comes from cheap construction. Units such as those can easily be built at home by any amatuer with little to no experience required.
If you're going to buy cages, buy quality, if those suit you, build them yourself. At the very least you can make some decent vents if choosing the latter.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:29 AM   #8
gila7150
Save your money and buy Boaphiles! They may be a little more expensive but it's like comparing a Yugo and a Ferrari when it comes to quality.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:09 AM   #9
SPJ
Why go thru all the trouble to set up a new website with a new name when all they had to do was advertise that Upstate Exotics now sells cages and put them on their existing website?

Oh....wait.....nevermind.

I know why.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:27 AM   #10
Dennis Gulla
OOhhh Steve,

I almost took the bait on that one!! LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!