Good Guy lllreptile - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidersOhMy View Post
Just ask webslave, he's got his nose so far up LLL's ass it's incredible. He'll edit any negative post against them.

And why exactly would I do that? LLL is not, and never has been, an advertiser here, much less a contributing member, and from what I have seen RARELY ever even posts here. When I was in the business, I never bought from nor sold to them. So please, pray tell, why would I have my "nose so far up LLL's ass"? And as for me editing negative posts about them, sorry, but that just is not true and you know that. But obviously you are not above making bald faced lies in public.

Seems to me that perhaps LLL has stuck a red hot poker up your ass, and perhaps that has clouded your thinking because the heat is way too close to your brain down there. But whatever, thanks for the chuckle.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #12
Dennis Hultman
Yes Mrs. McTrolling, That's why anyone can do a search on this site and pull up all the negative and posted posts and threads about LLL since the beginning of this site. Takes 5 seconds to do a search. Nothing deleted.

Matter of Fact, there is one negative titled thread for LLL that some wanted removed because of the title. The thread starter didn't find what she was looking for in reaction to her post. people wanted the title changed. Rich responded to that with why it wouldn't be changed even though he thought the claimed lacked merit as well.

That is a direct post to prove the very opposite of what you just stated about this very company and Rich.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=127056

Post number 36.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
And yet the title of the thread remains "Don't buy from LLL Reptile". That doesn't seem fair.
The response

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Robyn, yes, I realize it doesn't seem fair, but there are reasons behind my leaving such things "as is". Firstly, this is because of valued legal advice I have received on how to maintain a legally neutral posture for myself and the moderators in relation to what is posted in this forum. By editing a thread title, the editor then becomes a co-author of that thread, and if litigation would result (you never know how these things will go), the editor could legitimately be named as a defendant in a lawsuit.

Secondly, editing is a double edged sword when it comes to credibility. Although it would be nice to edit obvious mistakes, not only in judgement by the poster, but also in corrections of content as well for accuracy, the realization that edits ARE taking place invariably leads to the question of how much you are reading is actually a true and accurate reflection of what the original poster typed in. Most people HIGHLY resent the words that they own here being changed by someone else, and therefore NOT being what they actually said at all.

I believe most people would assume that the title line is merely a come-on anyway, so anyone truly interested in what was being said about the subject of the thread would READ the thread for it's content, and not take for granted that the title tells the total story without any further elaboration.

Welcome back, btw....

Doing a very simple search I found 9 negative threads for them and 14 positive ones. With both positive and negative posts within them. Go figure.

Sorry Mrs. Trolling, there is no such deletion. All the negative and positive threads ever posted here in the correct forum, titled with the person(s) or company name in the subject heading, posted by someone with their full name in the profile, is still here on this site for everyone to read with no editing.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
That's why anyone can do a search on this site and pull up all the negative and posted posts and threads about LLL
*negative and positive posts

Old 02-05-2016, 12:11 AM   #14
snakesareawesome
I ordered a pair of Elgaria kingi from LLL about a month ago. They have done really well, eating well and have good body condition. Happy with my purchase from them.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #15
englishaussie
I will never buy from LLL again, their wild caught stock is terrible. Of the three beaked snakes i got from them, 2 rufous & 1 red headed, all 3 would not eat & died.
I have had many beaks from other vendors & most did great. LLL is a terrible company to buy wld caught from, cb will be ok or lizarde perhaps but wc snakes? forget it.
Awful husbandry, or rather the lack of it.
LLL SUCK!

Old 02-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #16
Black Adder
Hmm, may as well chip in here
I actually physically visited their brand new store in San Diego 1 day after it was opened and it was a HUGE improvement on their old store which I also visited, really clean and fresh and modern...which it should have been as it was brand new, this was approx 3 years ago
I hand picked a Madagascar Giant Hognose and had them ship it back to my house in Florida
He was and is perfect in every way but I stress I was able to hand pick the example myself,so people just ordering online may not be so lucky in what they receive.

All I can say is that my experience was positive and based on that if they had something I wanted I would buy again at this stage

Old 02-06-2016, 03:25 AM   #17
Redd Reptiles
Just wanted to add my experience with LLL to this.

I made a decent wholesale order for a pet store and was generally happy with the animals, but disappointed with shipping. This was in November, and temps were well within the safe range. However, all of the animals were lethargic and cold to the touch upon arrival. One fire skink was DOA, but the rest came around after heating up. A very young blue-tongued skink refused food until it passed. The rest of the reptiles and inverts were fine and healthy, but we did not order from them again.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
Kristi23
I haven't purchased any animals from LLL, but I order tons of supplies from there. They always ship within a day or two and my orders arrive with no issues. I think something was missing once and they shipped it right away with no hassle. I probably order at least 5 times a year, but probably more often.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
snakesareawesome
Same here, once a missing bulb, resent without issues. I am sorry to hear that some of the WC snakes didn't work out so well. I hope they address that issue because there aren't enough good companies to buy imports from as it is.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #20
tlmoon
I've always had good luck with LLL, nice to work with and I've never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!