Info scam alert vernon lanince and Berlin Kadash - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
cold blooded view
scam alert vernon lanince and Berlin Kadash

I want to warn fellow herpers with department of fish and wildlife. I was a victim of a scam. I found an ad for a redfoot tortoise for sale $129 for 18" and this was on the website Oodle.com. so i contact the seller and went to pay via money gram. Stupid I know, so after that I was waiting for shipping details and was told couldn't FedEx he had to use a company called www.errantship.com. i never heard of this company before. So long story short they had me sending money every day sometime twice. They saying customs needed me to pay for vaccines ,health certificate, change of ownership, and a transport crate. Which I did and never received the tortoise from the 3rd of February to today the 9th. It cost me over $1000 for nothing and the tortoise was not an import. Name of seller is Veron Lanicea and shipper Berlin Kadash. I went to the police FBI and DNR. The money had to be sent to Cameroon. All I'm saying is not to fall for their trap. Thanks for letting me post. Be careful, they make you believe that you will be jailed by customs and your order will be quarantine and destroyed. Tha won't happen the police and DNR said. I will try to keep you all updated as much as I can.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
lilgreenbee
Do you have communications? How did they lead you to believe that you would be jailed by customs?

Old 02-10-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
leftycrane
You sent them over $1000 for a red foot tortoise that normally sells for $150 and didn't stop and ask yourself if this was legit??

Old 02-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
Billy1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
You sent them over $1000 for a red foot tortoise that normally sells for $150 and didn't stop and ask yourself if this was legit??
I agree with Leftycrane... Not to be rude in any way, but even in your brief summary of events, a multitude of red flags are present. Are you able to provide email exchanges to back up your claims? I'd want to see those

I'm sorry you had to go through this, but I see so many warnings that things may not have been legit

Old 02-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #5
Black Adder
Do not mean to be in any rude or offensive but I am struggling to believe what I am reading here?
Cameroon?
Customs?
Quarantine?

On a redfoot??

Sorry for your loss but.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!