Bad Guy Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
StinaUIUC
I don't know why she ordered only bucks. She got other varieties as well. With only 2 (when you are not quarantining...and casey has not, she has stated that she has the aby doe as well as at least one existing doe with her current buck), 2 bucks is no less useful than 1 of each (especially on the offchance that 1 may be infertile...I'd originally asked for 2 bucks and a doe in case a buck was infertile...but changed it early on when the possibility of mating before shipping was discussed), as 2 bucks can be bred to many females to produce many carriers which can then be bred back to eachother and the father's to produce more aby's. All I know is that the organizer of the shipment had her down for 2 bucks the entire time, and sent a message confirming 2 bucks a month before the shipment arrived (as you can see in the screenshots above).

It's not a species btw, it is a coat gene of the house mouse (which is the same species as every feeder/fancy mouse around).

Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
RobNJ
Sorry to hear this happened to you Christina...I really hope Casey comes to her senses and returns the mouse to you quickly. Stealing is stealing, plain and simple.

I do have a question though...with 2 bucks each breeding to a few females at least, at the pace mice are capable of proliferating, wouldn't Casey have the desired result in a short enough time frame anyway? I mean, literally 3-4 months or so. I don't get the reasoning behind her stealing when I think of it that way. I'm not questioning your story at all, just curious about the particular scenario.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
StinaUIUC
Theoretically yes...although without a doe she couldn't have pure lines. I have no idea what her motives are...I just know what she did.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
Wilomn
Casey, you know you made a mistake. Don't compound it. Do the right thing tonight. Let Christina know you'll give her the doe, then do it asap.

If you want a bit of foreshadowing on what your future may hold, take a look at the recent jerry kruse thread.

No one likes to be krused like you just did to Christina.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
suzuki4life
So in theory, what if she produces a litter then does the swap? She can then have a clean blood line, and you can have the chance.

IMHO the organizer who receives the money and ultimately controls the entire deal is to blame. They should been responsible for ensuring people got what they ordered. The organizer could charge Casey with theft if she truly stole an animal. I have a feeling that Casey was given the animal with very little dispute. If that is the case, then Casey stole nothing. Not saying its right, just saying your terminology and the degree that she is liable is very different then you are stating.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
So in theory, what if she produces a litter then does the swap? She can then have a clean blood line, and you can have the chance.

IMHO the organizer who receives the money and ultimately controls the entire deal is to blame. They should been responsible for ensuring people got what they ordered. The organizer could charge Casey with theft if she truly stole an animal. I have a feeling that Casey was given the animal with very little dispute. If that is the case, then Casey stole nothing. Not saying its right, just saying your terminology and the degree that she is liable is very different then you are stating.
My understanding is the mice were shipped and Casey was supposed to do the divvying up somehow winding up with a mouse that was not hers.

That is the gist of it, isn't it Christina?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
suzuki4life
If Casey was the organizer or the receiver of the shipment, one thing does not change. Christina received a mouse. If the order was incorrect, she sould have left without the mouse and demanded a refund.

Curious, what would christina had expected if mice would have died in shipment? was this ever discussed before ordering?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
StinaUIUC
There were several people at the airport sorting out the animals. If you read the screenshots you'll see that the organizer forgot in the moment, after having driven for a day, slept in someone else's house, waiting hours in the airport b/c the airline made a mistake, and finding that the mice hadn't been put into the shipping container in the way they were supposed to be) that I'd changed my order early on (she confirmed multiple times afterwards that I'd asked for 2 does and a buck and had told me that someone else had asked for 2 bucks before I knew it was casey getting them) b/c casey told her that she'd asked for a pair.....ie. told her she'd ordered something she hadn't.
Also see here... http://mouselovers.com/forum/viewtop...f=27&t=31#p100 ...and you'll see that someone who was at the airport claims casey was trying to take other things she hadn't ordered and in all the confusion it just wasn't realized that she wasn't supposed to take a doe aby.

The fact that she was accidentally allowed to take it doesn't mean she wasn't wrong for taking it.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #19
StinaUIUC
I was unable to go to the airport....had I been able to, this would not have happened. A friend picked up my mice along with hers, and I got mine from her....at the time I was told the breeders may have made a mistake and sent the wrong number of does and bucks and figured out later what had actually happened. Had it been a mistake on the breeders part or something accidentally died I would have sucked it up.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #20
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
Do you then condone rewarding someone for theft/dishonesty?

Would you feel it is an appropriate behavior for someone trying to better the hobby to introduce a freshly imported animal to other animals without quarantine? Would you want them doing this with an animal you purchased, without your permission? Would you be okay with them taking your animal before you've had the opportunity to inspect it and without your permission, and subject it to breeding to animals that are from a different continent?

In your theoretical scenario, what if now this mouse dies while in the care of Casey?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!