Info Deanna (Dena) Freeman, Rainbow Geckos USA - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #71
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
It's the same with most species as far as holdbacks are concerned. I'm just saying that the buyer had the chance to do an exchange and blew it off and gave excuses. I completely agree that both parties messed up, neither one is in the right here.
I agree. She shouldn't have blown off the exchange. I would have worked with the seller to get things right. Both people really need to take the blame for their wrongdoings in this situation.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #72
BeauBoi
Quote:
It's the same with most species as far as holdbacks are concerned. I'm just saying that the buyer had the chance to do an exchange and blew it off and gave excuses. I completely agree that both parties messed up, neither one is in the right here.
But hadn't the buyer been trying to get the seller to make an exchange for days, and then received a text message (that she didn't read immediately) that spsaid she HAD to do it "now or never"?
How many people can just drop everything they are doing without notice and go deal with a seller's mistake?
~Beau

Old 02-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #73
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
But hadn't the buyer been trying to get the seller to make an exchange for days, and then received a text message (that she didn't read immediately) that spsaid she HAD to do it "now or never"?
How many people can just drop everything they are doing without notice and go deal with a seller's mistake?
~Beau
If that's the case I didn't catch it, and there's NO way I'm going through those messages again lol. I was under the impression that it was getting set up and ready to go and the buyer knew to expect it. I may have misinterpreted though.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #74
Will0W783
I don't see how the buyer did anything wrong here. The seller set up a shipping label with very tight time constraints WITHOUT verifying that the date/time would work for the buyer, then decided to cancel the whole thing when the buyer didn't respond immediately. I'm sorry, but some of us have jobs where we aren't on internet access all day long, or might be driving or otherwise engaged. Just because someone doesn't get the chance to respond to a given message within minutes or an hour doesn't mean they are too busy to have animals. Also, the seller should never have arranged a shipping label without verifying that the date/time of shipping would work for the buyer. I for one have a busy work schedule- I work 48 miles from my house and my commute is 1.5-2 hours each way. I work a minimum of 8 hour days, 5 days/week, sometimes weekends too. So if I was trying to get an issue worked out with a seller, I would be furious if the seller decided I had ONE SHOT to do shipping without checking with me first. I would need advance warning to get time off from work or arrange my spouse or neighbor to help out.

In my opinion, the buyer has been more than patient, and the seller is being entirely unreasonable. However, in the end the buyer did get a refund for both geckos, and got to keep the misidentified gecko with the genetics she originally wanted. So, she didn't get a completely raw deal: she has essentially a free gecko. It's not the gecko she wanted, nor the one she paid for, but it is a gecko with the correct genetics. The seller handled the situation unprofessionally and rudely, but she did end up issuing a refund.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:37 AM   #75
ElexisC
Quote:
If that's the case I didn't catch it, and there's NO way I'm going through those messages again lol. I was under the impression that it was getting set up and ready to go and the buyer knew to expect it. I may have misinterpreted though.
I read them again, the buyer replied to the seller the same day but she had already had Debbie cancel the label. If you're unwilling to reread them why argue about what's in them?

There's no time stamps to see how much time passed between when the seller first messaged demanding the buyer answer her and when the op finally got the chance. But it was all the same day so it's not like the buyer didn't answer her for a day or 2.

And obviously you just want to argue. "If you're too busy playing with your kids or shopping" are you kidding me? Did you even read where I said sometimes I just don't hear the ding of the messanger? You basically said my kids or shopping for food for them is less important than an animal. How about cleaning cages? If I'm doing that I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to reply to a message, it can wait a few minutes or an hour or so. The seller never told her a time she had to answer by. The seller set everything up and had it canceled the same day because the buyer didn't have a chance to read and reply yet. If you're that impatient of a seller and don't iron out exact details before you just go ahead and create the label maybe you shouldn't be shipping animals?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2016, 02:39 AM   #76
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
I don't see how the buyer did anything wrong here. The seller set up a shipping label with very tight time constraints WITHOUT verifying that the date/time would work for the buyer, then decided to cancel the whole thing when the buyer didn't respond immediately. I'm sorry, but some of us have jobs where we aren't on internet access all day long, or might be driving or otherwise engaged. Just because someone doesn't get the chance to respond to a given message within minutes or an hour doesn't mean they are too busy to have animals. Also, the seller should never have arranged a shipping label without verifying that the date/time of shipping would work for the buyer. I for one have a busy work schedule- I work 48 miles from my house and my commute is 1.5-2 hours each way. I work a minimum of 8 hour days, 5 days/week, sometimes weekends too. So if I was trying to get an issue worked out with a seller, I would be furious if the seller decided I had ONE SHOT to do shipping without checking with me first. I would need advance warning to get time off from work or arrange my spouse or neighbor to help out.

In my opinion, the buyer has been more than patient, and the seller is being entirely unreasonable. However, in the end the buyer did get a refund for both geckos, and got to keep the misidentified gecko with the genetics she originally wanted. So, she didn't get a completely raw deal: she has essentially a free gecko. It's not the gecko she wanted, nor the one she paid for, but it is a gecko with the correct genetics. The seller handled the situation unprofessionally and rudely, but she did end up issuing a refund.
She only got a refund for ONE gecko and that's because the seller didn't notice a "defect" until she was about to ship.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #77
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
She only got a refund for ONE gecko and that's because the seller didn't notice a "defect" until she was about to ship.

You beat me to it...sort of...I didn't want to say anything until I went back and double checked, but I was struggling with the idea of going back and looking through the "wall 'o post"! LOL
~Beau

Old 02-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #78
Will0W783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post

Oh, I must have misread. I was under the impression that the purchase for the gecko with the double-jointed leg was refunded, then when the seller sent the wrong gecko in the second order, she eventually refunded that purchase too.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #79
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Oh, I must have misread. I was under the impression that the purchase for the gecko with the double-jointed leg was refunded, then when the seller sent the wrong gecko in the second order, she eventually refunded that purchase too.
The seller ~said~ she was going to refund the mis-shipped gecko, but then she changed her mind...

It is rather disappointing to me that the seller, who claimed that the OP was lying and leaving out pertinent information, never returned to defend her business. I wonder why that is?

~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!