Bad Guy Matt Baronak of SaSobek Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #21
isabev_exotics
I'm sorry you're dealing with this, Crystal. It took me several months to receive my animals from him, and I consider myself lucky to have actually gotten them. Several people I've spoken to have had similar issues with him simply disappearing. I hope this is all resolved.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:30 AM   #22
Fangthane
It seems like he may be more on top of his inbox than his crazy schedule and all the unanswered messages would imply, since he's already been here and gone again without comment. It's generally interesting when certain types of messages always seem to find their way through to the hard-to-reach people - often purchase inquiries and BOI thread notifications.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2016, 04:41 AM   #23
juliasara
http://geckoforums.net/f56-business-...orts/70506.htm
This isn't the first time something like this happened. This goes back to 2008 and Matt never rectified the situation.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:54 AM   #24
juliasara
I posted this offer on facebook but will post it here as well since it seems like Matt has been checking this thread. I live about a half hour from Matt and would be happy to go pick up the geckos he owes crystal and whoever else and get them packed up and shipped. I'd be happy to meet him at his job or wherever else is convenient for him. I have no idea what the hold up is but if it's a lack of time I'd be happy to help however I can.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:53 AM   #25
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I posted this offer on facebook but will post it here as well since it seems like Matt has been checking this thread. I live about a half hour from Matt and would be happy to go pick up the geckos he owes crystal and whoever else and get them packed up and shipped. I'd be happy to meet him at his job or wherever else is convenient for him. I have no idea what the hold up is but if it's a lack of time I'd be happy to help however I can.
That is a very kind and decent offer Julia but I get the feeling it is not really just a lack of time issue going on here.
There are quite a number of people it seems in the same position.
TBH there are a lot of people out there with a lot more patience and understanding than I can muster as I could not go months on end being owed so my hat off to all who can, although sometimes I do think that may be part of the problem. Just some people its the old case of give them an inch and they will take a mile and if they feel they can get away with with it well....possibly they will.
His total lack of response although he is well aware of this thread and the comments is not a good sign at all.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #26
juliasara
I'm pretty sure there is more going on then any of us know. It has been mentioned a few times on facebook that he is suffering from some kind of mental health issues. It's not an excuse for taking people's money and not delivering the goods but it can happen even to the best of us. I know a lot of people that won't ever ask for help, even when they really need it. I don't know what is really going on here but we are a family/community and should be there for each other when we can. I truly hope he is ok and that those waiting to be made whole have resolution soon.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #27
Guy Castro
Patience is overrated,and will kill your PPal claim. When you start getting excuses,file a claim ASAP!

Old 01-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Patience is overrated,and will kill your PPal claim. When you start getting excuses,file a claim ASAP!

I totally agree with this. Paypal has deadlines for action, and those who give excuses aren't going to get very far with Paypal.
NEVER close a case before you have gotten ALL of your money, sometimes sellers will try to make private deals with you in return for closing the case, which cannot be subsequently reopened, ignore them, step out of the way, and let Paypal do its thing.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #29
SaSobek
I just made a post on my Facebook page. If you would like to comment please do so there or send me a private message. I don't believe in how messy the BOI gets.

Thank you Matt Baronak

link to the post ---->
https://www.facebook.com/sasobekrept...type=3&theater

Old 01-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #30
Kristi23
Matt, since you're reading, I'll add this here. I hope you know that many of us just want to help out with things. I don't see you as a bad guy (yet), but the lack of communication isn't helping things. I'm always willing to help you out in any way that I can. You just need to either send geckos (I know it's probably too cold in most places now) or refund money to anyone who has been waiting for 3+ months. Especially anyone waiting for over 6 months. Contact everyone and do your best to keep in touch until everything is settled. That way your reputation isn't completely ruined.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!