Bad Guy James/ Ember Gecko - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #71
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouky28 View Post
Of course seller would defend sellers,but if you sell something a month in advance and a week before you say your shipping,there is no excuse for not having a heat pack,when they are available online and takes 3 days to come with priority shipping.
Best luck to the guy getting hes money back.
Kristi and others worded things well in response to this, but I will add a small bit.

It is not a matter of sellers defending sellers. The responses here have been mostly even-handed. This is because sellers understand sellers. Just about every seller is also a buyer. Very, very few sellers have not been buyers. A great many buyers are not sellers. There are people who do not sell that can place themselves in the shoes of both parties to be considerate of challenges faced and expectations present from or for either or both sides, but this is an exceptional mindset. The experience of selling some volume of shipments provides a range of interactions and results that instills directly acquired insights that many buyers simply never encounter.

Your off-handed comment that I emboldened is not taking into consideration that your subject of address has fought several kinds of battles and knows them better (on a personal level) than a person who has only fought one kind of battle. She is exercising a manner of kindness (to both sides) born of understanding. You could do her the courtesy of showing that a touch of respect instead of being flippantly dismissive when no basis of merit has been used to justify it.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:45 AM   #72
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouky28 View Post
It fits here because is an example of the same excuse been used,as is BS excuse.
It doesn't really fit here, unless the seller was James / Ember Gecko. If you have had an issue with another seller, please post in - or start - a thread about that person .

Old 02-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #73
juliasara
Ezra, have you made any progress with the paypal claims? Has James made any attempt to make this right?

Old 02-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #74
Sgtflex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
The problem with this seller aside, since you have very limited availability due to your own travel into/out of the US, you may want to avoid purchasing animals and having them delivered over the winter months. The current weather forecast is for more snow in the mid-Atlantic Monday and Tuesday next week, so even if you were in the US to receive the animals it's not likely that they could be safely shipped.

Barring that, you could try to find someone here in the US who could receive the critters on your behalf, start their QT, and hold them until you're back in the US to pick them up.

While I do know a few breeders I have done business with in the past that were very nice. My problem would be who really can I trust with expensive animals? What happens if they die in the "holder's" possession? What if they sell them. I dont know anyone personal enough to risk this. What I can do is hold all my reptile runs until the summer. Even with James, while I was considering his offer to hold my animals, what if he sells them and tells me they dies or what if they really do die? Will he tell me "you paid for them so their yours?". Nah my problem with him isn't just that he could not deliver. I know stuff happens but my problem was that after he could not deliver he is refusing to refund me.

In relation to the paypal claim I have filed the claims and I am currently awaiting their decision. Failing that I will just head to the bank and get it over with.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #75
Sgtflex
sorry about the typos

Old 02-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #76
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtflex View Post
While I do know a few breeders I have done business with in the past that were very nice. My problem would be who really can I trust with expensive animals? What happens if they die in the "holder's" possession? What if they sell them. I dont know anyone personal enough to risk this.
Yeah I have maybe 2-3 people I could trust that much. One of them is the friend I have do my QT. My new critters go live in isolation at his place for 90 days. His wife doesn't like snakes and doesn't want him owning any, but he can have one short-term resident periodically.

Quote:
What I can do is hold all my reptile runs until the summer. Even with James, while I was considering his offer to hold my animals, what if he sells them and tells me they dies or what if they really do die? Will he tell me "you paid for them so their yours?".
Problems on the seller's side need to be resolved by the seller. So, if an animal being held on a payment plan gets sick or dies then the seller covers that vet bill, gives a credit on a replacement critter, or issues a refund.

Quote:
Nah my problem with him isn't just that he could not deliver. I know stuff happens but my problem was that after he could not deliver he is refusing to refund me.
I understand that, and I think in this case he is wrong to refuse the refund since the shipping problem was due to his error.

Quote:
In relation to the paypal claim I have filed the claims and I am currently awaiting their decision. Failing that I will just head to the bank and get it over with.
Good luck and I hope you get your money back.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #77
Snake-Queen
Has PayPal decided in your favor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2016, 06:30 AM   #78
Sgtflex
As of today PayPal has decided in my favor and offered a full refund on all of my payments. James never replied to the case so I guess he could not be bothered.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 AM   #79
Black Adder
Quote:
As of today PayPal has decided in my favor and offered a full refund on all of my payments. James never replied to the case so I guess he could not be bothered.

Good to hear!
Pity it had to get to that stage though

Old 02-16-2016, 08:30 AM   #80
Pasodama
Quote:
From James' dropping the ball, especially under your special circumstance, it is my belief that you deserved a refund.
With that, it is good to see that PayPal sided with you and that you got a refund of all your payments.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!