Bad Guy Sellers Beware Dick Goergen Alden NY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:02 PM   #11
Mistyck
Paypal should side with the OP, but that doesn't mean that the CC company will. This is ridiculous, considering that the OP says that Mr. Goergen called him the day he took possession of the animals from the shipping company. That, to me, says that Mr. Goergen is a thief. Especially since he has waited 70+ days to claim it wasn't him that purchased the animals... That makes me think he planned the whole thing.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #12
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
Maybe they died? Now he's trying to recover his losses, knowing too much time has passed to work things out with the op. That's my guess atm.
That thought crossed my mind as well.
Even if it comes about, that the critters passed away and is the reason for the charge back, my opinion would be that it makes the act no better than if it were a scammer doing so immediately after receiving animals.
That said ...
At this moment, all anyone can do is speculate. Something I, myself, would rather not do (except in my own head lol). Some facts, evidence, etc. is sorely needed.
Has anyone notified Mr. Goergen of this thread?
It would be very interesting to see what he has to say about why he initiated a charge back (with what appears to be a falsehood).

Old 02-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #13
Billy1138
Tommy this is ridiculous that you have to deal with this kind of behavior...and its not the first time Rockabirdie had to deal with charge backs....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=554519

I hope this one gets resolved in your favor

Old 02-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #14
tlmoon
This type of behavior sounds like theft, or fraud. Does PayPal ban people? They seem to have some rules for sellers; are there repercussions for buyers who try to cheat the system like this?

I wish the seller good luck and I hope you don't lose the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #15
Rockabirdie
I called Paypal this morning. I have seller protection. Since I sent proof that I sent the package and it was received, they gave me back the funds. They can deal with the credit card company.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:58 PM   #16
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabirdie View Post
I called Paypal this morning. I have seller protection. Since I sent proof that I sent the package and it was received, they gave me back the funds. They can deal with the credit card company.
Good to know! Thank you for the update, I have been checking back to see if there was any news and I am sure others have as well! What an odd, disheartening situation to find oneself in! I am glad you are covered!
~Beau

Old 02-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #17
Pasodama
Really good to hear, that you got the money back, Thomas!

Old 02-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #18
JButera
Nice to hear

Old 02-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #19
chazzz
Congratulations on getting your money back Thomas! It's great to see that the situation was resolved rather quickly in your favor. Still sucks you had to deal with this mess but I'm sure it couldn't have been much worse. Sometimes these situations can really get dragged out before reaching a resolution, wasting time, unnecessary stress, just a real PITA!!

Old 02-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #20
tlmoon
Good to hear PP agreed with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!