Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #31
sidewinder107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara27 View Post
Of course it's not okay. If it were okay, they wouldn't be issuing you a refund credit. They offered to take the snake back so you wouldn't be stuck treating it, but you didn't want to do that, so YES it's now your problem.

What I don't get is you told them you'd be happy if they sent you another snake that was healthy. They gave you FULL credit including shipping. What is the difference between them just shipping one out, versus you using your credit and getting it? It is free either way!
Would you send a sick animal back??????????????????????????????????? and risk it dying for the sake of the animal. If so please just stop talking to me now. Thank you

Old 02-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #32
Sara27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
Wow yes this business should be shut down. So your saying it would be ok for them to send you a snake with mouth rot and mites??? I never once bashed anyone in here but you for calling me silly and crazy. I only asked what everyone would do in this situation. But a few is telling me I am mad and being unreasonable. I got over mad long ago.
Nobody is saying it's okay!!
They should not have sent you a sick snake.
That's bad business practice.
If your main complaint was to say they sent you a sick snake, I never would have replied to this post. In fact, this is the first post I've ever replied to despite lurking for a very long time.
But your complaint is that they will not pay your vet care.
NO BREEDER OR BUSINESS WILL PAY YOUR VET CARE.
None. Not a single one. Ask any breeder you can find, "if something is wrong with my animal, can I take it to the vet and you'll pay for whatever treatment and medicine it needs to get completely healthy?"
The answer will always be, "no, but I will exchange or refund the animal" or "a credit will be given if the problem is there upon receiving the shipment".

You're not unreasonable, silly, or crazy to be upset that you were went a sick animal. That's 1000000% normal to feel that way.

You're silly to think a business is going to write you a blank check for vet care. That's the only area that you're unreasonable about.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #33
Sara27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
The store credit offer did not include the shipping cost, just the price of the snake. OP was offered a full refund if he shipped the snake back with LLL providing a shipping label for the return.
In the recent email from them it says, "We offered the credit of $199.99 as we thought that was one of the options
that you were looking for when you asked for a refund for the price of the
snake. We do not usually credit or refund shipping in any circumstance as
shipping is not in our control, but we definitely understand this is a rare
situation and would be more than happy to add this to the credit if you would
like. "

After that, they say that he/she can send the snake back if he/she would like to, since he/she complained about having to treat the snake, and that they would pay for the shipping and issue a full refund.

I took this to mean that they are willing to credit the full snake + shipping either way, but if the OP wants to send the snake back, they will also pay return shipping in addition to that.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #34
LLLReptile
Always love when someone titles a thread for any breeder or company like this based on their one personal experience. Everyone is welcome to their opinions, but jeez - tone it down a notch! It's ridiculous to take it that far regardless of the situation.

I haven't dealt with this specific situation, so I am only answering in general here as Curtis or Kate at our warehouse would have been helping this person out. Bottom line is, we thoroughly go over animals when we ship. As much as humanly possible. We ship a large amount of animals out each week, and for the rare cases like this that arise, we are talking a 99.9% rate of happy customers. We do deal with live animals, and mistakes can certainly happen sometimes, no matter how thorough we are. On this captive bred boa, is it possible something was missed? Sure - we are human, and anything is possible no matter how many safety nets we have in place. Is it possible it happened elsewhere? Sure, but let's just assume for this conversation that it was missed on our end so there is no argument there. I firmly believe the emails show that we have gone above and beyond offering to take care of the situation. I am not a big fan of *most vets. Not all, but most. Some vets are unbelievably amazing for reptiles. But honestly, 98% of vets don't see enough reptiles in a given year to gain enough hands on experience needed to properly diagnose and treat anything more than outward abrasions. I have been doing this for 20 years, and any serious breeder or dealer who has done this for long enough knows this is a fact. When you find a great reptile vet (we are lucky to have several in our area), stick with them. With that being said, when there are issues that arise, we would prefer the animal come back to us so we can take care of it. We have proper medications on hand, and the experience and know-how to deal with most anything that comes up. Beyond that, if you are going to take it on yourself, then there is literally nothing more we can offer than the full credit. I think what was offered was above and beyond fair. I am very sorry for your issues. Truly. We, and I personally, care an enormous amount about the animals. They are our passion. They got us into this business, and every one of our 40+ employees love what they do, and are here for the animals. If something was missed, we really do try to provide the best possible customer service when issues arise. But unlike a broken television that can simply be replaced, animals with an issue cause a passionate response that can be tough to overcome. I respect that, but certainly ask that you take a look at it from a different perspective. Curtis, the rest of our staff and myself take this seriously, and really do our best.

Lastly. To the Beaked Snake individual. I realize (and realized when you initially had your issues), that your situation will never be resolved. Rufous Beaked Snakes are pretty easy for imports (even though we do post that imported warning someone else copied and pasted to point that out to you that there is a risk). They feed well, do well, and you went 0 for 3. That does suck. It sucks for you, and sucks for us that we replaced animals with ones that clearly were doing great here, but apparently for whatever reason, didn't for you. I would move on to if I were you and not order a single thing from us. We did everything within our realm to try to rectify the situation, as you know, and unfortunately, for whatever reason, it simply didn't work out and nothing we were going to do was going to turn your attitude around. I really do wish you luck elsewhere.

Our offer for credit to the OP here absolutely stands, and I hope we speak with you on the phone tomorrow to get a more personal conversation established. Email is just really impersonal. Thanks for your time.

Scott Wesley
LLLReptile & Supply

Old 02-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #35
tlmoon
I am not defending sending a sick animal. That is unfortunate and upsetting. HOWEVER, bad stuff happens. The seller has offered you ways to make this right but you are set on getting your way only. You have a right to be upset, but you are not being reasonable here. The seller has been very polite and is trying to work with you, while you are being very emotional and not willing to accept a reasonable attempt to resolve the situation.

If you read the BOI much, you will have seen the common saying that it's how things are handled when there is a problem that is important. (As opposed to how we act when everything goes well)

The thing is, that goes both ways. Bad things will happen, despite no one having an intent for them to happen. You have a seller who is trying to make this right, and a lot of people telling you your expectations are unreasonable. Maybe it's time to listen instead of arguing the same point over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #36
sidewinder107
Quote:
Nobody is saying it's okay!!
They should not have sent you a sick snake.
That's bad business practice.
If your main complaint was to say they sent you a sick snake, I never would have replied to this post. In fact, this is the first post I've ever replied to despite lurking for a very long time.
But your complaint is that they will not pay your vet care.
None. Not a single one. Ask any breeder you can find, "if something is wrong with my animal, can I take it to the vet and you'll pay for whatever treatment and medicine it needs to get completely healthy?"
The answer will always be, "no, but I will exchange or refund the animal" or "a credit will be given if the problem is there upon receiving the shipment".

You're not unreasonable, silly, or crazy to be upset that you were went a sick animal. That's 1000000% normal to feel that way.

You're silly to think a business is going to write you a blank check for vet care. That's the only area that you're unreasonable about.
Well I am not sure what made you think that I am demanding them to pay vet bills. I am only saying it would be the right thing to do considering the situation at hand. They are wanting me to send the animal back for a full cash refund and I cant and never would ship a sick animal. All they are offering is in store credit. The right thing to do would be to either pay the vet bills or give me my money back that I paid for the snake. Not in store credit. That's what I am saying.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #37
bcr229
Quote:
Exactly! I'm very picky about who I deal with when purchasing as I'd rather not purchase a slithering vet bill. Based on experiences people have posted here, LLL has a hit-or-miss reputation with the animals they sell which is why I won't buy critters from them.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:13 PM   #38
Sara27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
Well I am not sure what made you think that I am demanding them to pay vet bills. I am only saying it would be the right thing to do considering the situation at hand. They are wanting me to send the animal back for a full cash refund and I cant and never would ship a sick animal. All they are offering is in store credit. The right thing to do would be to either pay the vet bills or give me my money back that I paid for the snake. Not in store credit. That's what I am saying.
What made me think that is when you told them that the only way they could make it right would be to pay your vet bill and any vet bill that happened after this one until the snake is healthy.
How is that not a demand, if you're telling them that that is what it would take to make it right, and you're saying all the other things they offer are not good enough?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #39
bcr229
Quote:
In the recent email from them it says, "We offered the credit of $199.99 as we thought that was one of the options
that you were looking for when you asked for a refund for the price of the
snake. We do not usually credit or refund shipping in any circumstance as
shipping is not in our control, but we definitely understand this is a rare
situation and would be more than happy to add this to the credit if you would like."

After that, they say that he/she can send the snake back if he/she would like to, since he/she complained about having to treat the snake, and that they would pay for the shipping and issue a full refund.

I took this to mean that they are willing to credit the full snake + shipping either way, but if the OP wants to send the snake back, they will also pay return shipping in addition to that.
Yes, I think you're right. Shipping critters coast-to-coast isn't cheap either.

OP you won't get cash back for the snake unless you return him, that's just the way businesses work in most industries, not just reptiles. You understandably don't want to ship a sick snake, so your option is to take the store credit.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #40
sidewinder107
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I am not defending sending a sick animal. That is unfortunate and upsetting. HOWEVER, bad stuff happens. The seller has offered you ways to make this right but you are set on getting your way only. You have a right to be upset, but you are not being reasonable here. The seller has been very polite and is trying to work with you, while you are being very emotional and not willing to accept a reasonable attempt to resolve the situation.

If you read the BOI much, you will have seen the common saying that it's how things are handled when there is a problem that is important. (As opposed to how we act when everything goes well)

The thing is, that goes both ways. Bad things will happen, despite no one having an intent for them to happen. You have a seller who is trying to make this right, and a lot of people telling you your expectations are unreasonable. Maybe it's time to listen instead of arguing the same point over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why was my expectations unreasonable?? I was just wondering what everyone would do in my shoes then some of you went off on me and said I was being unreasonable. How is them giving me my money back unreasonable???? As you can read in the emails I made them that offer first and they only wanted to give me the price for the animal. I also said I would take another guaranteed healthy animal of my choosing in the price range of course. But they did not want to do that either. I Finally got them to offer me in store credit of the price of the animal and shipping. But since I was sent this animal in this condition, they should have gave me my money back in full. Not the in store credit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!