Hurricane Irma - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 09-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #91
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
We store gas in proper fuel cans, but if we haven't had to use it we pour the gas into our car (or run the back up generator for a couple of hours to keep it in condition) after 3 months storage, and refill. You kind of get into the rhythm of it after a while and it's no big deal. Might seem like overkill, but it's worth its weight in gold on the odd occasion we do use it.

One good idea is to buy a generator that uses the same fuel as your car so that it's multipurpose.
Oh yeah I have a 6500W gas generator and a Suburban with a 44-gal fuel tank so rotating through the gas cans is easy. Remember though that many folks in the US live in townhouses or apartments with no garage or detached outbuildings for storage, which would make storing gasoline a problem.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #92
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
The good news is that it doesn't look as though it will be anywhere near the size and strength of Irma
Well, Maria proved me as wrong as I could be. Dominica (a fabulous place) just got trashed, and it looks as though Puerto Rico is going to have a hell of a time. Hope it stays on the current predicted track north and east and misses you guys on the west of the panhandle. I'd be filling those bathtubs and water storage containers just in case though...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!