Bad Guy Matt Miller of Matt Miller Reptiles. Lying about snakes that are his own. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #81
lauraleellbp
At least this thread served SOME purpose- to collect all the trolls in one place.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #82
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
............... thanks for all the censorship and not respecting my first amendment right but allowing me to lie cheat and steal....................................

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
CONGRESS shall make no law.

This is NOT congress.

Our forefathers, in their infinite wisdom, enumerated our rights as a protection against a tyrannical and oppressive GOVERNMENT.

If I go to your house and you tell me to shut up. I can't sue you for violating my first ammendment rights. Have you ever told anyone to shut up?

just sayin

Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #83
Rainbowboaman
You have to love when someone gets scammed it's Faunas Fault!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #84
JCCS
I didn't really want to keep this thread rolling, but something that one of our friends that apparently is no longer with us said really irked me. The only reason that the snake industry is not a suit (not suite) and tie industry is because of some of the people dealing with the animals.

I know plenty of professional breeders/sellers. By professional, I do not mean people that produce/sell snakes for a living but people that breed and sell snakes in a respectable manner and keep their cool even with dealing with the irrational people that are in every industry, but seem to be a little more vocal in this one. I also don't mean people that give off a professional appearance. I've seen people in literal suits and ties act in completely unprofessional ways and people with gauged ears and full sleeves be some of the most courteous and professional people that I've dealt with. It really just irks me when someone makes blanket statements like that, and possibly gives a hint to that person's mindset as a seller.

I may be outspoken, and it rubs a lot of people the wrong way on this site, but I have always considered my actions online and at shows to be professional, even when calling people out for their mistakes and attempted scams. I don't consider myself to be special, and I don't think it requires much effort to show a little self-restraint when dealing with people.

I guess overall, my point is that this "industry" or hobby for me, is what you make of it. I think too many people take it and themselves a bit too seriously and get butthurt a little too easily.

As far as how this site is ran, I am much more of a fan of this system than Kingsnake's. I can ask questions and say things directly to the sellers on the classifieds. If a person of ill repute is trying to sell something, a person can post links to their past indiscretions and let the buyer make the decision themselves. I know that the people that brought these issues up are on a leave of absence, but I figured that may give other people something to chew on. I guess I'm done with my rant/ramblings.

Chris

Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #85
jmwboas
Chris, You hit the nail on the head! Seems like a lot of people in this "industry" big or small haven't matured past the 5th grade level. Personal appearance doesn't matter to me. As long as they shower ya know. If you have tattoos, sleeves or are in your sunday best that is fine and your choice. Actually I like seeing the different walks of life that all enjoy these reptiles. Unfortunately, all those walks of life don't share the same maturity level.

Great post! One that I think needed to be said.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #86
TropicalSerpent
I haven't followed this thread since oh the 3rd page, Big does it even matter about a picture of a snake? This is silly as clowns. Personally I wouldn't mind any picture of my snake floating around. It just makes it that more famous. I mean I don't quiet understand the thread but I don't think this deserved a bad guy thread. I think their are plenty of crooks somewhere to fill that gap.

That is just my two cents, Jeremy

Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #87
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kindred View Post
I gotta agree with Vinny on this one. FAUNA SUCKS. Full of thieves and con artists. The moderators don't care about who gets ripped off. They just care about people bad mouthing FUANA. Well I don't give a rats ass. FAUNA SUCKS because the moderators won't help when people are clearly ripped off. I was ripped off for $800 and the guy is still posting his bs on here. You don't have this problem with kingsnake. wonder why? I'll never sell on this site again, so ban me or whatever. I really don't care.

I was going to let this go and probably still should but I would like to point out of few things regarding this post.

First, The BOI isn't merely a feedback section for deals that happen only on Fauna. Many of the threads started here are in regards to transactions that have taken place on a number of sites. Yes, that includes the site mentioned in this post. Now, I'm not going to take pot shots at different websites and the way they chose to run their operation but I think it is fair to point out that many will not allow you to voice (publicly) problems with sellers or buyers. That is their choice. You don't see it "there" because it isn't allowed. That is why people come here to let the public have the information they believe is important.

There are many sellers on "other sites" that have a long list of negative BOI threads yet they still have accounts on those other sites as well. The complaint here is full of flaws. It just that people can voice their complaints and situations openly here. If this post was made at the above mentioned site in reagards to them, it would have been deleted immediately.

You don't see who has been scammed other places or even a list of complaints. People come here to do that.

Much like this thread that started with a picture on facebook. It had nothing to do with this site. Many members here are also the same members on other sites as well. You have the very same problems and people on multiple sites.

Now, let's move to this claim.

Quote:
because the moderators won't help when people are clearly ripped off

While it is not my responsibility or anyone here to hold your hand when making the decision to purchase, here is your thread

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=272359

I will let others decide if your claim holds up.

Seems your posts weren't ignored and some of us actually took the time to try and help you. HMMM.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!