pituophis lineaticollis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
onegek
pituophis lineaticollis

Another successful season for me in terms of lineaticollis breeding , my past proven girl laid 22 good eggs and I had a first success with my second girl.

Despite all of my best efforts over several past seasons , the clutch of 17 eggs is her first ever , proving that sometimes time and patience are key.

Indeed lineaticollis are a hard nut to crack when it comes to successful reproduction , certainly in terms of pituophis in general.

https://pituophisart.wordpress.com/

Old 07-19-2019, 01:26 AM   #2
lovin2act
Awesome! Congrats! One of my favorites!

Old 07-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
onegek
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
Awesome! Congrats! One of my favorites!
Thanks for the reply , much appreciated Markus !

Yes they are one of my favourite Pituophis sp., truly wonderful colubrids.

I love them so much that I wrote a short piece about lineaticollis on my blog.
https://pituophisart.wordpress.com/2...lineaticollis/

Old 07-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
lovin2act
Sure thing Al! I have a very young male that I just purchased due to my 3 year old 5 foot male escaping a couple months ago. I was beyond bummed. There was a sighting of him in my backyard by my wife in some crazy heavy vegetation, but once I got home to go look he was no where to be found. I had left his enclosure open by mistake during feeding, and there is a door to the backyard in my snake room that I leave open a crack to hear the pool filtration. Of course he found that tiny door opening. I look for him every day still. Fingers crossed he will show up, but am kinda doubtful. Ugh.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
onegek
Quote:
Sure thing Al! I have a very young male that I just purchased due to my 3 year old 5 foot male escaping a couple months ago. I was beyond bummed. There was a sighting of him in my backyard by my wife in some crazy heavy vegetation, but once I got home to go look he was no where to be found. I had left his enclosure open by mistake during feeding, and there is a door to the backyard in my snake room that I leave open a crack to hear the pool filtration. Of course he found that tiny door opening. I look for him every day still. Fingers crossed he will show up, but am kinda doubtful. Ugh.
Damn that's a real downer buddy , I feel your pain , trust me ,never a good feeling.
These guys are so fast moving too , they go from zero to 90 in the blink of an eye , hands down the fastest pits in my collection. Unfortunately that little tiny opening will be found and it will be exploited to the max.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #6
lovin2act
Yeah man totally sucks! My snake room is my work office as well so that's why I like the door slightly open for the ambient pool fountain water sounds out back. Kicking myself daily for my goof up. Hoping my new little guy will grow and thrive quickly haha!

Old 09-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
onegek
A welcome update to my first post

Old 09-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
lovin2act
That's awesome! Congrats!

Old 09-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #9
onegek
Quote:
That's awesome! Congrats!
Thanks Markus!!

I could not be happier , they're real treasures.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #10
onegek
A future giant

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!