David Van Outen...and a bounced check - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:39 AM   #1
Jeff Schofield
Thumbs down David Van Outen...and a bounced check

I had contacted them per an ad back in say february. I was to get an adult pr plus a het female aneryth NM milk(I paid for these 2 times from different guys and STILL didnt recieve them,lol!).Anyway, the anerys werent adults as specified but the het female was so I asked for a refund for the remaining balance($660).David sent me a check that proceeded to bounce and then refused to answer my calls. I was on a business trip back from Ark to Mass so I stopped by his house one night when they were entertaining.....the "future ex-wife"answered(as she had on the phone)the door and agreed to go to a bank machine to make up for the "misunderstanding".He was there and didnt even bother to come to the door to see me....Scared?? Yup!! To his credit he is/was in the middle of "domestic" sh...stuff. But you still answer the door, you dont let your girl take the brunt of your folly....Jeff

Old 10-16-2003, 02:53 AM   #2
NEWReptiles
Are you refering to Logan Enterprises?

Old 10-18-2003, 12:45 PM   #3
Jeff Schofield
Yes, David of Logan Ent

Yes

Old 10-18-2003, 01:12 PM   #4
DavidBeard
I believe you all are speaking of David Van Houten.....there is quite a bit of telling info on him @ corallus.com. I suggest you check it out.

Old 10-18-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
I had a similiar problem with David.

Out of the 3 Balls I purchased from him, 1 was about 2/3 of the size he told me it would be, and 2 ( het Albino) that were supposed to be CB looked like they just came over on a boat.....

I still have all 3 and will be posting in the future either way if the Hets prove out or not.

Old 10-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #6
Rick Jameson
Do you have some proof?

Do you have any proof? You've listed two seperate items about bad guys without any proof on either of them, you wouldn't even give out the name on the supposed pet shop that all your animals were sold to in the other one. We need proof here.

Rick

Old 10-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #7
Suncoast Herpetological
This guy is still actively posting animals for sale
on Kingsnake. You might want to check out the contact info on his ads in the Ball Python section.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:15 AM   #8
Jeff Schofield
Proof of check and other posts

I have been waiting to post a few things here for a while. In fact there are 3(!)posts I have placed in the last week. I had mistakenly been listed as one under age(my typing mistake,lol)so I couldnt. Now that I am able, I certainly didnt want to ruin chances of getting SOMETHING back from S&M reptiles(4 baby taiwans that havent eaten yet!).As far as proof of David's check, I have a photocopy sent back by my bank as far as "insufficient funds". For the Joe Hughes saga, I can send you the case # and phone of the VA beach police. And as far as S&M reptile....well I think they have basically admitted to all wrongdoing in their replies. You can check around and ask anyone else about me....though I can wear my heart on my sleeve I certainly dont bother to waste my time if anything questionable happened. This is a forum that "the consumer is always right".Buyer beware,Jeff

Old 10-20-2003, 09:08 AM   #9
Tom Burns
No proof needed really...

Nothing you can say about David Van Hooten would surprise me. Check out that thread on corallus. The guy is the lowest of the low and he seems to actually enjoy screwing folks. At least that's the impression I got based on his own responses in that thread.

Tom Burns
Upper End Exotics

Old 10-20-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
ScottsReptiles
Re: Do you have some proof?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Jameson
Do you have any proof? You've listed two seperate items about bad guys without any proof on either of them, you wouldn't even give out the name on the supposed pet shop that all your animals were sold to in the other one. We need proof here.

Rick
I personally was very happy to see that he did not give the name of that petshop. That shop had no idea that the snakes were stolen and paid good money to get them. Honestly.. if they had them for some period of time.. a good amount of $$ went into their care.... so.. that store had the right to make him pay, If that store had its name on here... it would.. without a doubt... get backlash from it.. when it had no idea and could not prevent it.

David is a bum.. and this fits right into is MO

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!