Your favorite Wildlife show host? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite wildlife show host!
Chris Pontius-Wildboyz 2 2.94%
Steve-O-Wildboyz 3 4.41%
Marlin Perkins-Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom 6 8.82%
Austin Stevens..........SNAKEMASTER!?!?!?! 2 2.94%
Kratt Brothers-Be the creature 1 1.47%
Jacques Cousteau-Undersea world of Jacques Cousteu 3 4.41%
Debby MacDonald — Investigator-Animal Cops Detroit 0 0%
Cesar Millan-Dog Whisperer 1 1.47%
Crocodile Dundee-Crocodile Hunter 8 11.76%
Rupert-Survivor 0 0%
Jake "The Snake" Roberts-WWF 1 1.47%
Maria the Snake Babe-Jerry Springer 0 0%
Mark O’Shea-Big Adventures 2 2.94%
Rob Bredl-Killer Instinct 3 4.41%
Jeff Corwin-The Jeff Corwin Experience 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
Ophis
Your favorite Wildlife show host?

Of the choices given, who is your favorite wildlife show host?

Old 05-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
DAND
I'd say Marlin Perkins hasn't been replaced yet.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Cat_72
I'd have to say anyone BUT that Steve Irwin......OMG, he drives me NUTS!!!

Although, I must admit it was funny as heck when he got bit on the nose by a snake.....hehehehehe.....

Old 05-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #4
mycurlylocks
Hmm... This is a hard choice. It's so funny when Steve gets bit, which is fairly regularly. But then again, Jeff Corwin runs and screams like a wuss.
Ahh... Decisions, decisions.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #5
Karen Hulvey
I love Jeff Corwin. He's so funny and he does great movie impersonations.

But I also love Marlin Perkins.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
shrap
Marlin and Cousteau will always hold a special place in my heart. I grew up with them. Them and their shows were both very influential to me at a time in our world when information about critters was pretty limited.

I always watched Marlin's show every Sunday and never missed an episode of "The Cousteau Odyssey" when that was a series in the late 70's or any of the other Cousteau specials when they would come on periodically. The Amazon expidition being my favorite.

As far as the newer generation, I have to go with Corwin. The guy cracks me up and seems to have a genuine respect for what he does and the critters he covers. O'Shea is good too and I like Irwin. Just his song and dance has gotten VERY old. In his early days you could tell it was more about the critters and trying to educate than the trying to entertain the TV audience. Now however.......

Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #7
Cat_72
I guess I agree with ya about Steve Irwin....I used to enjoy his shows, but they've just gotten to the point of being about his silly catch-phrases and his Bindy too much for me, I guess.

I too spent my childhood watching Marlin Perkins.....I think he will always be THE host. It was a family thing, we'd all watch together on Sundays, or if something else was going on, at least my Dad and I never missed an episode, lol......

I think too many of the shows today are more about just "entertainment" than actually learning about the creatures they are showing....if you understand what I mean.

Corwin IS kinda cute though.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
cthulhu77
Irwin is soooo irritating as to be pointless...some of the new crowd are interesting for kids to watch...but, give Jaques any day of the week !!!
Some of my fondest memories are of being transported under the water and around the world by the Calypso...

Bummed no one has stepped into that position...

greg

Old 05-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
PaulSage
Despite his somewhat girly screams and dances when he gets all excited, I'd have to go with Corwin because of his involvement with the Emerald Canopy Rainforest Foundation, the UN Environmental Program and his upcoming books that document the natural history of endangered species.

But I would have to admit that Wild Boys are more entertaining to watch. lol

Old 05-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Ophis
Woo Hoo!
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!