Bad Guy Robert Smithe Aka Serpentaria Scammer - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #71
BlueCrowned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
Really? It’s a new word to me lol No one even uses it in college. And yeah normally I’m not on here unless to buy animals.
Had a guy use it recently at my job when sending us a "cease and desist" letter for supposed libel. Not an uncommon word by any means.

If this guy isn't Joseph then the info Bob posted is completely irrelevant.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #72
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
If they have, it has not been mentioned in this post, so you wouldn't know that Victoria.

Webslave, Bob seems convinced "Robert" is Joseph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
Actually it’s posted in his profile messages where everyone can see them right above the one where he’s threatening to sue me lol
Actually we don't really care who "Serpentaria" is if it is not "Robert Smithe" as shown in the profile. If he proves he is TRULY Robert Smithe, then quite likely our interest in this issue will come to an end. But if it is NOT Robert Smithe, then we have a problem with a violation of site rules that must be dealt with.

When there are questions raised about the truth of someone's self provided identity participating on this site, we will commonly request proof of such stated ID in order for that entity to continue participating here in any manner. Normally when such proof has been provided, such evidence is not made public, but staff is satisfied with the proof, and the issue is over with as far as we are concerned.

If once the formal request for proof of ID has been issued, and such proof cannot, or will not be provided, then the account in question is banned from this site until such proof is subsequently provided. If it is never provided, then the account becomes permanently banned. Any other accounts later created by the suspected person under continued false pretenses, when discovered, become permanently banned as well.

Positive ID has always been a big issue on this site, and we make such requests for verification now and again, as needed and warranted. Members can pretty much post what they want on this site, within reason, of course, but the requirement is that you need to put YOUR true ID behind the words that you post. If YOUR positive ID is requested, for whatever reason, you are strongly recommended to comply if you wish to continue your participation on this site.

FYI.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #73
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

When there are questions raised about the truth of someone's self provided identity participating on this site, we will commonly request proof of such stated ID in order for that entity to continue participating here in any manner. Normally when such proof has been provided, such evidence is not made public, but staff is satisfied with the proof, and the issue is over with as far as we are concerned.

If once the formal request for proof of ID has been issued, and such proof cannot, or will not be provided, then the account in question is banned from this site until such proof is subsequently provided. If it is never provided, then the account becomes permanently banned. Any other accounts later created by the suspected person under continued false pretenses, when discovered, become permanently banned as well.

I usually notice that the user isn't who they say they are when they are banned.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #74
NTReptiles
My opinion may not mean much but at what point fo you realize that customer service is probably the most important thing in this hobby if you are trying to sell?
With so many breeders, it is so much better to buy from someone that actually knows what "professionalism" is. I don't really bring anything into this but because of Serpentaria's unprofessionalism while dealing with the accusations, he's definitely a no-go to me.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #75
Herpin Man
A white pages search of "Robert Smithe" in Manchester NH did not bring up any exact matches. Neither did google. If this is actually his real name, then he's kept a very low profile.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #76
jonmurray
Paypal, it's always Paypal

Old 02-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #77
Bob Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTReptiles View Post
My opinion may not mean much but at what point fo you realize that customer service is probably the most important thing in this hobby if you are trying to sell?
With so many breeders, it is so much better to buy from someone that actually knows what "professionalism" is. I don't really bring anything into this but because of Serpentaria's unprofessionalism while dealing with the accusations, he's definitely a no-go to me.
Professionalism is one thing, but I'm talking about lying, deceit, fraud and outright theft.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #78
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clark View Post
Professionalism is one thing, but I'm talking about lying, deceit, fraud and outright theft.
That is horrible.

What email did Joseph use?

Old 02-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #79
NTReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clark View Post
Yes, Bob. I was speaking in terms of the best case scenario for "Serpentaria".

Old 02-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #80
Vithaxton
I noticed it says Robert Smithe is from New Hampshire. So is Joseph Chalifoux what an odd coincidence...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!