More legislation in PA - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
Le Plat
Crap forgot some. The other law says all nonindengenous would require a permit and starting jan 1 2013 no permits will be issued, thus a ban. It lists a small number of species that are exempt, cats and dogs are not exempt. All birds are.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
jntreptiles
The amendment 2904.1 under house bill 2233 does not state that there will be no permits issued after January 1, 2013.

It does state that the commission may issue a permit, upon application once all requirements are met, and that the commission at the discretion of the director can revoke or suspend any permit for any violation under 2904.1

So at this time, under current bill 2233 and amendment 2904.1 there is no ban. This is more regulation then restriction.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
nicks075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntreptiles View Post
The amendment 2904.1 under house bill 2233 does not state that there will be no permits issued after January 1, 2013.

It does state that the commission may issue a permit, upon application once all requirements are met, and that the commission at the discretion of the director can revoke or suspend any permit for any violation under 2904.1

So at this time, under current bill 2233 and amendment 2904.1 there is no ban. This is more regulation then restriction.
Basically they just want more tax money. Hopefully the extra revenue they will be getting will make them second guess ever banning them.

Here's the part that really scares me...

"Shelter, care and protection.--No permit provided for in

this section shall be granted until the commission is satisfied

that the provisions for housing and caring for the nonindigenous

or exotic reptile or amphibian and for protecting the public are

proper and adequate and in accordance with the standards

established by the commission"

So how will they know if you are providing the provisions for housing and caring, will they have someone personally inspect your house and enclosures?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
Le Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntreptiles View Post

the law i was referring to in that post is this one

http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/549454

If you notice what i said and who it was to, it was not referring to this bill(which is BS). The bill I posted(which seems ignored on this forum) does actually ban most mammals including cats and dogs, but oddly makes sugar gliders and hedgehogs legal plus a few other various animals.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Plat View Post
the law i was referring to in that post is this one

http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/549454

If you notice what i said and who it was to, it was not referring to this bill(which is BS). The bill I posted(which seems ignored on this forum) does actually ban most mammals including cats and dogs, but oddly makes sugar gliders and hedgehogs legal plus a few other various animals.

How did you come up with that interpretation?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
Le Plat
Which part? Ignored or the ban? Ignored because not much traffic addressing it, unless I missed something(which is possible). Banned stuff because the law lists all nonindengginous animals besides those on a small list which were exempt, as needing a permit. It then goes on to say it will no longer issue permits. What do you call that? I call it a ban. If u need a permit and they wont issue them, its a ban.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
bsharrah
They are clearly referring to what they define as "Exotic Wildlife". Nothing in your link even remotely suggests they are banning cats and dogs.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
Le Plat
I know many people who read it the same as I. Lets review. The law says

all nonindigenous animals. There is no native(ie indigenous) cats or dogs, thus they fall into this category, no way to argue that. Lets review exempted species shall we. Lets!!

class Aves (birds), any member

of the families Equidae
(horses, asses and zebras), Camelidae
(camels, alpacas and llamas),
Cervidae (deer, moose and
elk), Bovidae (wild cattle and
spiral- horned antelopes), Muridae
(rats and mice), Chinchillidae
(chinchillas and viscachas),
Leporidae (rabbits and hares), 20110HB1398PN2997 - 2 -
Erinaceidae (hedgehogs and
moonrats), Petauridae (gliders
and
striped possums) or any member
of the species Mustela furo
(domestic ferrets) or Cavia
porcellus (domestic guinea

pigs).

So those are the exempt species. Hmmm. as both cats and dogs are nonnative, and not listed in the exemp species in the eyes of that law they are exotic species. Thus you would need a permit, and they will not be issueing them. Thus they will be banned. It doesnt matter what the laws intent it, it matters what it reads. And it reads cats and dogs are exotics and banne4 "Exotic wildlife d

Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Plat View Post
I know many people who read it the same as I.
I know a lot of people who think the world will end in December. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

I am fairly confident in two things. The law you are referring to will pass, and dogs and cats are safe. I think your interpretation is wrong, but lets just wait and see shall we? Lets!

.........make that three things. I will still be here after December.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #30
Durante
What about all the illegal people in Norristown where I grew up & other areas of PA. Lets get them out before we talk about making pets illegal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!