Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 63 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #311
_Sam_
Okay, maybe someone here can help me with this. I passed package testing, talked to my account rep, got the liability waiver e-mailed to me, but when I printed it out, Section J (I think) says I cant ship to residences, only business-to-business... I am not a business, nor am I shipping to businesses. My account rep says there's no way to get around it and I cannot ship to residences.. Huh? I know people do! howww?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #312
cobravenom
Dont worry about the business to business clause. They cannot prove you are not a business and that you are not shipping to a business. Just use Sam's Reptiles shipped to "John Doe's Reptiles Unlimited" or whatever you can come up with. If you are breeding and selling you are a legit business in my opinion.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #313
Greg Conner
I am Fed-ex certified and cannot ship to a residence . They have gone as far as looking up the destination on mapquest or a similar site at the counter to see if it is a residential area . If it is , They won't accept it .
I'm really disappointed with the entire "certification to ship live harmless reptiles" as the "business to business only " clause renders it about 95% useless to me .
Some can get away with it , but technically , it is against Fed-Ex rules.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #314
cobravenom
I have had them pick it up at my house and it made it halfway across the US with no problems. It is probably the easiest way as there is no counter. The man or woman driving the truck has more to do than worry about this package going to a residential area or not. At the counter we must face the fact people do not want snakes to be shipped and some if not most will do all they can to keep it from happening. Things will change in the future for the better is all we can hope for.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #315
KathyLove
Whenever possible, have your package held at the local FedEx office for pick up. That is far safer than shipping to a residence, where there is more chance of mis-delivery, or the driver dumping it at the door in the sun or snow (they may not even bother to knock or ring the door bell). Then the packages usually arrive before the office is even open, and extreme temps are not usually a problem.

I do anything I can to discourage residential delivery, although I have gotten away with it by shipping to whatever business name people want to use for their "home business" - when there is no other option. But I will only guarantee live arrival for residential delivery if it arrives before 11 a.m. and if they manage to sign for it, even if their driver is in a hurry.

Also, do the paperwork online. You get a 10% discount, and you don't have to linger at the counter, just drop it off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver