Vote of confidence - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Are the paid memberships a benefit to the usefullness of the BOI?
Yes, the paid memberships are helping the BOI. 24 96.00%
No, they are restricting input far too much. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
WebSlave
Vote of confidence

OK, it's been over a year now since I implemented the paid memberships, and in particular the paid membership requirement for posting on the BOI as well as voting in the GGC polls and the Traders Ratings.

Time to see if this is working, in your opinion.

At this moment, there are 789 paid memberships to this site, which means 789 members able to post in the above mentioned situations. Is that enough to make those functions viable and worthwhile? Is this really a limitation to the quality if input to those functions or a liability because the quantity is not there to matter? Would MORE input, even some bad input, be better then not enough input?

The poll is a simple yes or no, but you can add comments to elaborate as necessary by posting in this thread. I can't see anything other then a black and white answer to this question right now.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
ZenReptiles
Honestly, I'd have to say that a paid membership requirement seems useful for the BOI, but it also seems like only a select few paid members post on the BOI. Most of which have really no purpose of posting on some of the threads there. It seems to just stir up arguements that some people aren't even a part of in the first place. You should select one or two people to be mediators and only allow the people involved with the thread to post. That might clean things up a bit. But that's also just my two cents, maybe someone else has a better idea.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
shrap
I personally believe it has improved the quality, integrity and legitimacy of the BOI, GGC and the Trader Ratings.

Going back to the old way now would be a step backwards in my opinion.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I just want to qualify my vote with a nice loud.......HOWEVER......

I don't agree that all the changes made in the last year are a benifit to the site~

So my vote is yes.....but it's not a very strong or clear vote of confidence.........~

Old 03-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I just want to qualify my vote with a nice loud.......HOWEVER......

I don't agree that all the changes made in the last year are a benifit to the site~

So my vote is yes.....but it's not a very strong or clear vote of confidence.........~
I think the topic of this thread is sufficiently narrow enough that no one should have trouble staying on topic and NOT drifting into other avenues, thank you.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
I personally believe it has improved the quality, integrity and legitimacy of the BOI, GGC and the Trader Ratings.

Going back to the old way now would be a step backwards in my opinion.
Big, loud...DITTO!

I like having the option of paid membership.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Mike Greathouse
This is an interesting dilemma.

While opening the gate would undoubtedly bring more traffic to the forums, how much of that traffic would be comprised of constructive posting?

I'm sure that there are many people who could contribute in a meaningful manner that may have one reason or another for not wanting to join in on a pay to play site.

Conversely, I'm sure that there are just as many, probably more, who would love the opportunity to troll the BOI.

Personally, I think that the system in place now, is the better choice to maintain the integrity of the BOI.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
reptilebreeder
I think it has definitly helped the BOI as far as false, and multiple registrations, but I think it is unfair when it comes to the trader ratings. I can see having to be a paid member for having a good guy cert, and even voting on the cert members, but "forcing" everybody who sells, buys, trades etc. to pay to vote on sales related to ALL members, I disagree with, JMHO.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I think it has definitly helped the BOI as far as false, and multiple registrations, but I think it is unfair when it comes to the trader ratings. I can see having to be a paid member for having a good guy cert, and even voting on the cert members, but "forcing" everybody who sells, buys, trades etc. to pay to vote on sales related to ALL members, I disagree with, JMHO.
Yep, I understand what you are saying, but if there is, or has been, an already known problem with false and multiple registrations, do you sincerely believe that I allow members participating in the BOI Good Guy Certification program to be at their mercy? Anyone with a bone to pick with one of the participants could just register as many times as necessary, vote negatively on their Traders Rating, and get them kicked out of the GGC program. Does that sound fair to you? Perhaps you didn't realize that the Traders Rating also determines the status of someone in the GGC program?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Membership is essential to the atmosphere you desire.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!