Private messaging and internal email abuse - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:30 PM   #1
WebSlave
Warning! Private messaging and internal email abuse

Today I received a rather generic looking message from a member of this site inviting me to visit their own message board site. Well, I didn't think anything of it at the time. But several times during the day, I see the person who sent that message in the "Who is online" screen with this status "Using Private Messaging System". Hmmm...... I wonder.....

Just to make it clear, anyone who is abusing the services I offer here by private messaging or emailing all the users to SPAM them with an invitation of this nature is likely to get me a bit irritated.

As such, if anyone receives PMs or emails that originate from the mail system of FaunaClassifieds and are of this nature, please let me know.

Or am I just having a bad hair day and shouldn't get irritated at something like this?

Old 01-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
JungleHabitats
Webslave

I can say it would piss me off for that aswell ... but at the same time i would doubt that less the 1% of 1% would look elsewhere for there forums or that there of . What is offered here can not be offered anywhere else. Although when or if you get replies of such just let them make there own forums there home issue 10 points each email you receive of that SPAM type email ... that will either stops them or let them remove there own self. Trust me i know although i havent privately solicted in this forum i have posted once / twice of the forums i opened and i can say that they have about as much traffic as a deserted mouse trail lol alot of time setting up whic was basically for nothing ... o well it was a novel thought lol i wouldnt sweat it no one here is leaving because of something like that ..... they know a good thing when the find it ... i know i do .