Anyone having problems today (Sunday, 01/18)? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
WebSlave
Anyone having problems today (Sunday, 01/18)?

The screens all seem to be very slow displaying for me. Everything seems OK on my other sites on the server, but this one just seems to be taking a long time to display the forums on my screen.

Maybe it's just my ISP (Comcast), but I want to check to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
I've had no problems, though I haven't been on much today...

Old 01-18-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
JungleHabitats
a little slow ...

But nothing aggrivating to deal with a refresh takes about 3 secs and to load a new page about 5 secs ...

Old 01-18-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
WebSlave
Whatever the problem was, it seemed to just go away. I think my ISP was caching the entire page until all of the graphics loaded in before sending it to me. Hope they aren't planning on doing it that way permanently.

Yeah, this is just a very graphics intensive site. Not only from the banner ads, but also from the topsites links as well. They all have a bearing on page loading speed. Although vBulletin can gzip the pages, I don't believe it has any effect on anything that comes from outside of the vBulletin program itself.

I'll have to check to see if there is a way to enable gzip on everything coming from my server, but something tells me that there will be some sort of nasty tradeoff that I will have to contend with. Nothing good is ever for free.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!