Anyone lives near or knows any one from seattle, Washington candian border area ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
nash_arsenal
Anyone lives near or knows any one from seattle, Washington candian border area ?

Ok guys i found 2(unsexed) gargoyle juvies mottled, 2 striped juvies(unsexed) and a female red striped from a breeder down in the states (LA)....now i really want these guys and i know that i dont need Cites for these guys but the problem is how to get them to vancouver(Bc)....like i can drive to seattle or bellingham and get them shipped there but i dont know any one is seattle or bellingham to get it shipped too(cant get it shipped to seattle airport).....So if any one of u guys live near by or know someone there or can help me in any possible way (advice etc)
Iam still looking for the extra money for this but before i come up with the money i wanna know that its possible for me to get them.....Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance
Nash

Old 10-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
nash_arsenal
contact me at smarty68_99@yahoo.com

Old 10-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
PDOLLARD
What are you going to do once you find some one on south side of border?
You still need to get them accross...

Old 10-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
Dachiu
Hello there,

Even without someone to accept these animals for you - it is still possible for you to receive them.
If you are willing to cross to the USA for them, just have them shipped to a UPS Store and pick them up there. Be sure to contact the UPS store and ask for instructions for holding a package for pick up. (I had to put XX before the name once) Also, be sure to notify them of the in-coming package and its tracking # once it is on its way. You can run a store search at ups.com
You will need the following information at the border:

*The breeders contact information. (address & phone#)
*Something from the breeder stating that the animals are captive bred.
*Declaration that they are a non-CITES species - BOTH the scientific and common names for reference.
*And a receipt of purchase with the total amount charged for the animals. (a credit card works best)

On your return home through customs, just declare them as pets purchased in the USA. They have reference books there to check the status of the species and they will base your duty fees on the purchase total.

It may sound complicated, but its really not at all. Canadians are permitted to come to the USA to make personal purchases if you choose... but Canadian customs requires the duty to be paid upon return for those purchases. As long as its not a large group of animals, and just a few for a personal collection - they dont fuss at you.

Good luck,
V.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
I'm just curious, if you can have them shipped to the Washington, and get them across the Northern border without any problem, then why can't they just be shipped directly to you, and skip the extra running around? Am I missing some detail or something?

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
nash_arsenal
Well one important thing is rick that if i get them shipped directly to canada the minimum oreder from the breeder is 1000 and shipping is around 250.....On the otherhand if i drive them over from washington the shipping to sumas, WA is 35 and there is no minimum order.

nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
I'm just curious, if you can have them shipped to the Washington, and get them across the Northern border without any problem, then why can't they just be shipped directly to you, and skip the extra running around? Am I missing some detail or something?

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
That makes sense to me.
Didn't realize there was that much of a difference.

Thanks,
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!