For Sale CORAL SNAKE FOUND..TRYING TO SELL SERIOUS ONLY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
ChuckHurd
take a look at the post by Juan I Gracia and if you dont see my point about this being insulting, then i dont think i could be able to explain it to you.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
KingBowser
Not to mention the fact that he is automatically breaking the law by capturing and attempting to sell it. I would say the members were trying to set this guy straight with sound advice.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckHurd View Post
take a look at the post by Juan I Gracia and if you dont see my point about this being insulting, then i dont think i could be able to explain it to you.
you're right that post was insulting for the very simple reason that that's the way I intended it to be. I'm sorry you don't agree but ultimately this in't someone who is a member of this community or even attempting to become a member of our hobby. This is someone who found an animal, a dangerous one at that, and is attempting to hock it for some fast cash. Like I said he has absolutely no business messing with that animal and is even breaking the law by having it. If he were to be bit or the authorities were to find him and he were to make the news do you think they would objectively portray the situation as just some jackass trying to make a quick buck? Perhaps it would be portrayed as just another careless and incompetent herper.

Had he gone to one of the many forums here or elsewhere to find information on how to responsibly and legally keep this animal my tone would be completely different and I would definitely try to help out wth whatever info I could, we all have to learn form somewhere and none of us just woke up knowing all there is to know about this hobby, but again this is not the case this is someone who is simply trying to exploit this poor animal and ilegally at that. I don't know perhaps my view is wrong on this matter, perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #14
Clay Davenport
This went on a tangent right off for obvious reasons. While the discussion of the legalities of this situation are I suppose on topic given the circumstances, let's quit with the insults. This is still the classifieds section.

That being said, the OP would be wise to take the advice of others and release the snake in an appropriate area and delete this ad. Of course if you don't mind making yourself a blatant target for the authorities by admitting on a public forum to breaking the law and attempting to break another one then by all means leave it. If they haven't seen it yet, I'm sure they will soon.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
Doomtrooper
This seller is clearly out to make a buck I see he has re posted again ... how many people have to advise him he should set it free, far from houses and people as possible you arent going to sell it just set it free !!!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
Casey Hulse
This looks like a sting.
This type of thing happened at mid west shows a few years back (operation slither)

Old 11-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #17
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtrooper View Post
This seller is clearly out to make a buck I see he has re posted again ... how many people have to advise him he should set it free, far from houses and people as possible you arent going to sell it just set it free !!!!!

Wait, Where did he re-post? If he has then he obviously didn't get the message and doesn't care about the legality of the situation. Perhaps it's time someone notified Florida Fish & Game about this thread and this individual. We have some of his personal info here and with an IP check there might be a way for authorities to locate him. perhaps a nice fine will will get the message through his hard head.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
hhmoore
I think it's time to let this ad sink to the depths. The OP hasn't even logged in for two weeks...since his last post in this thread.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #19
ChuckHurd
My point exactly! Why would he? After being insulted and threatened by police action.

Guys, this guy clearly needed information. He didn’t know it was illegal to catch and sell the snake. Sure, he wanted to sell it, but I would far rather him sell it then kill it. Rather then insult and threaten someone, who obviously didn’t know any better, why not offer information?

In the early days of this board, questions like this were fielded by me, ray hunter, mardi snipes, jim Harrison. I assure you of two things…we never treated people like you modern day experts do and none of the people listed above still come here to try to help. The distain has driven us all away.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
hhmoore
As previously mentioned, most of this is not appropriate to the classifieds. Take it to the discussion forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread