Bad Guy Beware of Zach ashwood ( bad news ) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #91
Smash39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso View Post
Zack, I know Exactly how the world works.. And, it is very clear to everyone that has respoded to this thread and everyone in the future who will read this thread that you sir are an internet scammer who pawns off unhealthy snakes on others!

TRANSLATION: To all, DO NOT do business with ZACK ASHWOOD, he will take your money then send you a sick snake that looks like the one posted above and try to convince you that its your fault. Period!

Way to go Zack, Good luck in the hobby!!

~ Mike Russo
Wow so I pawn off unhealthy snakes...yet this is the only guy who's ever been unhappy with a snake I sent. It's clear you DO NOT understand how things work so don't try to tell me what's what.

The actual translation is I'm the one getting scammed here. I have references, this guy doesn't yet you guys are picking the wrong side. I will not get scammed by this guy that's why I'm not refunding his money.

And Mike Russo...Good luck in life man it seems like you need help, I hope you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
The pictures of the wrinkly snake were taken on 11/14 if it was 5 days after the snake left Zach's house. How long ago were the pictures of the healthy snake taken?
I'm trying to check that too. It was not too long before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapozer View Post
Zach, you are a cheat, lair, and a con artist who's only motivation to keep snakes is for pure greed. You sent a snake that even you stated looked bad. why else would you try to clearify it after you stole his money and shipped this snake. I know this will end bad for the poor snake and Mike and I hope you will learn a lesson on how to deal with people properly from this experience. It really makes me mad that we have breeders out there that kill for the love of snakes and want all their customers to be happy and brag about their snakes, then we have people like you. I really hope you are not planning on expanding your backyard breeding program, one I don't think you have a clue, and second this is not a hobby for greedy people, this is a hobby of snake ownership, expand knowledge and breed in healthy ways to promote the livelihood of these animals.

I also don't know why you think him offering food was a bad idea( i'm not saying the best ideas but really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things). Yes he might have been in shed, or might not have been. But even a shedding boa is able to no take food when offered without stressing it to the point. so he dangled food and the snake didn't take it. wow if that stressed snakes so much to waste all their body fat i would have alot of hurting animals. You're a scammer, simply put....
Wow alot of name calling for the big man with 6 posts. It's obvious you are not a reptile keeper and if you are man I'm sorry for your animals. Yes some boas will eat during shed...that doesn't mean you should do it. I'm far from greedy. I don't keep boas for the money. I keep them because they are fascinating animals. To call me a scammer just because you're mad is a joke. Go get some anger management help dude. I've yet to scam anyone...and never will. I've told you guys many times now the condition of the boa when it left my hands. What else do you need to know? He was an eating, pooping, and shedding boa before I shipped him.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #92
chondrogal
My boa experience is minimal, but have more experience with dehydrated snakes/poor shedding than many because I take on "rescue" snakes on a fairly regular basis.

I don't know either person in this transaction.

Shipping a snake that is ready to shed was a mistake. If it was getting ready to shed it should have been held onto until after it had shed knowing that it is stressful for snakes during this time. The buyers husbandry has been called into question by the seller, it appears that although the buyer may not have as lengthy experience working with boas, it does appear that he has a good grasp of basic husbandry and has a circle of knowledgeable people that he can turn to for help. The buyer shouldn't have to be concerned about a VERY poor shed cycle on a newly acquired snake. I would have done exactly what the buyer did. Contact the seller right away and follow the sellers basic instructions. The buyer tried to do what the seller told him.... not to worry, it will shed.... but over the next few days it became increasingly apparent that the snake was not going to shed easily and be just fine. When the buyer tried to get the seller to work with him it became obvious that now the seller was starting to try to put the blame on him for this snake being in poor condition and he became increasingly agitated and used some foul language. I don't blame the buyer for his rising temper at what seemed like he was getting further from resolution rather than closer to it by working with the seller.

The buyer did not stall in reporting his dissatisfaction with the snake immediately upon arrival. The picture of the baby in the ad looks a LOT healthier than any of the follow up pics. How long prior to the sale was the ad picture taken? I bet it wasn't very recent. Anyone know how to get the date code off that pic?

If I was in the market for a boa, I would certainly not purchase from Zach based on the information shared here. How we handle ourselves when something goes wrong tells a lot more than when everything is going good.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #93
Smash39
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Shawn, don't forget the full name rule. Your posts can be removed and you can be banned for not complying. Just an fyi.

See, and I could understand you denying that the snake looks as bad as it does in that picture if the picture were blurry, and out of focus, and there were just one single picture of the snake. But seriously how many pictures, good quality at that, would it take to prove that the snake does not look healthy by any means, let alone just a little wrinkly.
If that's your logic then what's to say that the picture you provided him in the first place was accurate and that it wasn't actually hiding what is actually a really super wrinkly sickly snake?
You can't claim his pictures don't paint an accurate picture but claim yours do with absolutely nothing else to back it up than your word. Pictures are used as proof nearly all the time when it comes to cases like these.
This is what I know. He was healthy when he left. He needed to shed. Mike took pictures after he was out of my hands for 5 days. There is no telling what he actually did in those 5 days. So how am I responsible for that?

Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #94
Doomtrooper
Once again Thanks to all who support me in this nightmare we all know who is rite and wrong to bad the poor snake is the one suffering im taking it to a vet tomorrow that was recomended to me from Mr russo Thanks for your help Mike !!!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #95
Doomtrooper
Zach what could I have possibly done to the snake in 5 days to make it look like it does ?? keep him in the toaster over in 400 degrees ?? come on dude you screwed me and everybody knows it just refund my money and save your reputation

Old 11-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #96
dapozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Shawn, don't forget the full name rule. Your posts can be removed and you can be banned for not complying. Just an fyi.

I wish i could find a way to do that. I cannot find a way to edit full name.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #97
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapozer View Post
I wish i could find a way to do that. I cannot find a way to edit full name.
Contact webslave

Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #98
dreck37
Zach Buddy,
I have been on both sides of this coin, I got screwed by one of the biggest breeders in NY(mail me for info) that set my breeding plans back a few years, Thats when i made up my mind that i would make sure and not just be a breeder(out for money) but a Boa lover who just happens to sell most of his babies
The other side of the coin, One of my babies died from shipping a few yrs ago(after the above had happened), I didint even blink an eye i did the right thing and sent a replacement out
When in doubt make the buyer happy and they will come back and they will tell there friends how great you and your babies are
Take the Boa back and put it in quarantine for 90 days
Yes it will be a pain for you to do but in the long run its well worth it
Im sure you can work this out with Mike he did say he would eat the shipping he is trying
And from are emails on our deal's you seem like a reasonable man
Im with you i wouldnt send the money till you have the boa back that is if you take the high road chalk it up to a life lesson
Just a wise word Karma is a (female dog)

Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #99
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash39 View Post
This is what I know. He was healthy when he left. He needed to shed. Mike took pictures after he was out of my hands for 5 days. There is no telling what he actually did in those 5 days. So how am I responsible for that?
Putting aside any issue of whether you thought the snake was healthy or not when you stuck it in the box - the snake did not arrive to your customer in satisfactory condition and you were made aware of that immediately.

Any delay in getting it back to you is due 100% in your lack of extending the option. It was your call and you told your customer the snake would shed out in a few days and be fine. Well it's been a few days, the snake has not shed at this point it's health is in jeopardy and you owe it to your customer to make it right.

Remember it's when things go wrong and how you handle them that shows your reputation.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #100
Tony C
Not taking sides here, but I have had baby boas that looked wrinkly and emaciated during a shed, and felt VERY dry and crunchy, but after shed looked perfectly fine. They are both still with me, healthy and growing. I can't really pick a side here, seems to be a lot of he said she said garbage, but it is entirely possible for baby boas to look very bad in shed even when healthy, and pictures of one in that condition could be deceptive.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!