A Surprise, What do you think? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Jerry_c_62
A Surprise, What do you think?

I cut a clutch of eggs from a pair of Het. Albinos a few days ago. I realized I had only gotten one albino out of the clutch of 5 (One was a little slow developing so I left it till today to check if it might have given me a second albino, no such luck). However, when the first 4 got all the way out of the eggs I got a nice little surprise

Take a look and please let me know what you all think.

It seems to me that it has the general look of an Axanthic, although not one of the best looking ones I have seen. I am not all that familiar with that morph so am not really sure. I was wondering about the markings on the sides. Does anyone know if that is normal for that morph?

When I got the parent animals they were both billed as 100% Het albino. Well I proved that out a couple years ago with a single good egg from a clutch of 3. But I had no clue that they may have been poss. Het Axanthics, if that is in fact what that one snake is.

Like I said, I have one more yet to clear the shell. I wasn't able to get a great look at it so not sure what it will come out looking like. I imagine it will be at least the better part of a week before I get a good look at that one.

So if anyone has any input about that Axanthic looking one in the group shot or the blushing and white flaming on the sides, Please let me know.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
No photo's on your post my friend!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
m00kfu
It's more than likely a het albino that will color up after it sheds.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Jerry_c_62
I tried posting them from another location. Did that help. Its sort of odd because I see them, maybe because they were generated from this PC.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Yep, I see 'em now!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
SPJ
The axanthic colored one is a het albino. Looks like you have blush line albinos. They hets are easy to see when they hatch. It will look normal after it sheds.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
Pythonbreeder99
Ive got a 66% het with axanthic coloring also, but hes no baby, hes 1,600g's and still has the colors of a nice looking VPI axanthic...

Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonbreeder99 View Post
Ive got a 66% het with axanthic coloring also, but hes no baby, hes 1,600g's and still has the colors of a nice looking VPI axanthic...
His is from het albino x het albino breeding. Blush line albino hets look axanthic when they hatch. After they shed, they will look like normal BP's but a bit nicer. They are the only albino lines that hatch visual hets.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
His is from het albino x het albino breeding. Blush line albino hets look axanthic when they hatch. After they shed, they will look like normal BP's but a bit nicer. They are the only albino lines that hatch visual hets.
Mine is from het albino x het albino breeding too. Here are some breeding pics of him as well as one compared to a normal (normal on top)
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
SERPENTS DEN
Here is a Het Yellow Blush I produced. When you hatch an Albino Blush they look similar to a Snow.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!