deceitful in Description andiejohn@juno.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
ASFReptiles
deceitful in Description andiejohn@juno.com

Hi, this is just a heads up on Andie & John. I purchased 2 female ball pythons from them that were described over and over in corresponding emails as 1200g and 1600g and both eating rats regularly. Well, to my surprise when I got them they were only 680g and 730g. I called them and Andie said that she would tell her husband for he was the one that handled the snake sales. I didn't hear back from either of them after the weekend and so I called again and left a message on their answering machine the following weekend. Again, I never got a return call. By this time they had both eaten rats with ease and looked like many underfed animals that people do not care for when getting rid of them. I was not overly concerned because I did not over pay for these animals and thought they would begin to put on great weight with proper feeding. Do not get me wrong, I do believe that I can sell them as is for the price I purchased them for. Please be very careful in any purchase that cannot be proved as described. From them or anyone.
I did not post this at the time nor did I care to, for I thought this was going to be a one time seller. I was wrong. They have again posted a 3lb 1998 proven female for $200+ shipping. I am only posting this because I do not want anyone to get burnt by a purchase from them. I have easily taken this as a lesson to be learned and a small lost of time. Good thing I am not trying to resell these animals for more.
This is not a post to begin a war of words with them. This is well behind me, I no longer have any corresponding emails. Just be careful I ask. Not everyone could afford to have this done to them without making this a big deal immediately. I am only trying to protect some of your best interest whether small or large.

Old 07-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Helvis
How long ago did this occur?

Old 07-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
ASFReptiles
Paypal Payment was made May 26, 2004

Again I do not want to drag this on with a long thread and bring attention to it that way. I only want to bring attention to those who might make purchase from Andie & John or anyone else that does not guarantee full refund if the animal is not accurately described as the animal they are selling regardless of price.
GOD Bless,
Andre
ASFReptiles

Old 07-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
ASFReptiles
Seller has called and made up for misunderstanding on her own.

To my surprise I got a call from Andie last week, just a few weeks after this original post. I did not post this to get something in return from her but when this was brought to her attention it soon began to bother her conscience. She quickly called and offered a refund of sorts and I was pleasantly surprised and happy with her offer. I will say, NOT many would let this bother them enough to offer anything in return. Thanks Anie for your integrity and good morals.

GOD Bless
Andre WongSam
ASFReptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!