Bad Guy Pet harbor in Boardman Ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #1
ElexisC
Pet harbor in Boardman Ohio

This store has always been disgusting to me, dogs in cages with nothing but wire under their paws and usually have to make a scene for them to clean up diarrhea in the cages with 5 dogs.

I went again today after a few years, a friend needed mice and they're the only ones who still sell feeders around here. What I saw was disgusting and made me want to vomit.

Small dogs and big dogs crammed in tiny cages with nothing but wire under their feet (like always) most had diarrhea and some was flat out plain liquid.

Then we got back towards the reptiles, a ball covered in stuck shed, bearded dragons with ALGAE growing in the water bowls, a boa with mites and in shed looking very dehydrated, balls cohabbed with one or no hides, no belly heat only lights far to high to give off any adequate heat. When I calmly walked up to an employee and said I had some concerns about the reptiles he LIED and said they just got them yesterday. And asked what was wrong with how the one ball was shedding, so I explained since he seemed to be listening that it should be sprayed down at the least or soaked for 30 minutes because the stuck shed can damage the skin underneath if left there. He calls over another employee and kinda snotty says "spray this ball down its "shedding weird apparently" which after he walked away we then asked if they got them from a drop off, he sais they got them from a show, which tells me they had them since at least Sunday not Thursday.

So when we really didn't get anywhere with them employees which I didn't think we would because they never do anything we snapped photos which I have emailed to the humane society. I doubt they don't already know about the conditions the dogs are kept in but we shall see, I may not get an email back till Monday. Other people are going to call/email after I posted everything to my Facebook as well.

This place used to be petland, it really still is, they only changed their name after the petland puppy mill documentary came out. I wonder why.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:23 AM   #2
ElexisC
First set
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2016, 03:25 AM   #3
ElexisC
Second set
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2016, 03:26 AM   #4
ElexisC
Last set.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2016, 03:30 AM   #5
ElexisC
I put this here because it's been going on for years. No body ever seems to do anything and id rather it be where people can find it when they Google the store and hopefully choose not to support these people. Only time those dogs get attention is when people ask the employees to look at them and take them in a tint square box to play for a few minutes, I used to do it because I felt so sorry for them but it made me so sick every time I stopped going. I wanted to vomit today seeing they are still operating the same way.. I can also screen shot peoples replies on my Facebook who say the snakes have been there longer than a week. I don't doubt for a second I was lied to since I know shows around here (closest being Cleveland and Pittsburgh) only open on Sundays and only one Sunday a month. I doubt they drove 3 hours one way to Columbus for some ball pythons to neglect.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Old 10-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #6
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
This store has always been disgusting to me, dogs in cages with nothing but wire under their paws and usually have to make a scene for them to clean up diarrhea in the cages with 5 dogs.

I went again today after a few years, a friend needed mice and they're the only ones who still sell feeders around here. What I saw was disgusting and made me want to vomit.

Small dogs and big dogs crammed in tiny cages with nothing but wire under their feet (like always) most had diarrhea and some was flat out plain liquid.

Then we got back towards the reptiles, a ball covered in stuck shed, bearded dragons with ALGAE growing in the water bowls, a boa with mites and in shed looking very dehydrated, balls cohabbed with one or no hides, no belly heat only lights far to high to give off any adequate heat. When I calmly walked up to an employee and said I had some concerns about the reptiles he LIED and said they just got them yesterday. And asked what was wrong with how the one ball was shedding, so I explained since he seemed to be listening that it should be sprayed down at the least or soaked for 30 minutes because the stuck shed can damage the skin underneath if left there. He calls over another employee and kinda snotty says "spray this ball down its "shedding weird apparently" which after he walked away we then asked if they got them from a drop off, he sais they got them from a show, which tells me they had them since at least Sunday not Thursday.

So when we really didn't get anywhere with them employees which I didn't think we would because they never do anything we snapped photos which I have emailed to the humane society. I doubt they don't already know about the conditions the dogs are kept in but we shall see, I may not get an email back till Monday. Other people are going to call/email after I posted everything to my Facebook as well.

This place used to be petland, it really still is, they only changed their name after the petland puppy mill documentary came out. I wonder why.
I've seen pet shops that make this one look like the Taj Mahal. I don't believe for one second that you "calmly" walked up to anyone to voice your concerns, especially after you admit you usually have to make a scene".The latter seems par for the course. Do you have proof that they "LIED"? IF a snake had mites, which I didn't see in your gallery, do you have evidence that nothing was done to treat them? The snakes you show look healthy. Mites and bad sheds are an easy fix. I also don't see the algae in the water bowls. Perhaps that's because I can't zoom in without the pic becoming fuzzy. You might be right about this place, but I'm not seeing it from what you posted here.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I've seen pet shops that make this one look like the Taj Mahal. I don't believe for one second that you "calmly" walked up to anyone to voice your concerns, especially after you admit you usually have to make a scene".The latter seems par for the course. Do you have proof that they "LIED"? IF a snake had mites, which I didn't see in your gallery, do you have evidence that nothing was done to treat them? The snakes you show look healthy. Mites and bad sheds are an easy fix. I also don't see the algae in the water bowls. Perhaps that's because I can't zoom in without the pic becoming fuzzy. You might be right about this place, but I'm not seeing it from what you posted here.
Same here...Not a single picture depicts the "most had diarrhea and some was flat out plain liquid" claim.Why? Why would you take all those pictures and not get one of this "disgusting" "makes you want to vomit" condition? Only claim made here that I can see any proof of is the "bad shed"... whoopdifriggendoo... A ball python with a bad shed. Someone call the ASPCA Stat

Did you get any pictures of the "Small dogs and big dogs crammed in tiny cages" or did they quickly remove some when they saw you taken pictures?

Im much more concerned with the wannabee dog breeders who dont even seem to have the $ to feed dogs they have already taken deposits on.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Same here...Not a single picture depicts the "most had diarrhea and some was flat out plain liquid" claim.Why? Why would you take all those pictures and not get one of this "disgusting" "makes you want to vomit" condition? Only claim made here that I can see any proof of is the "bad shed"... whoopdifriggendoo... A ball python with a bad shed. Someone call the ASPCA Stat

Did you get any pictures of the "Small dogs and big dogs crammed in tiny cages" or did they quickly remove some when they saw you taken pictures?

Im much more concerned with the wannabee dog breeders who dont even seem to have the $ to feed dogs they have already taken deposits on.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #9
ElexisC
Bill, stay off my posts. You're using my puppies from 2-3 years ago which weren't even planned to call me a wanna be dog breeder. You have nothing new to use against me do you? A deposit, non refundable deposit, to grab some puppy food because they ran out the day before pay. You're a sad excuse of a man who just can't let go and move on. Any chance you get you take shots at me which is why you'll forever be blocked on Facebook.

And chris you don't know me, you don't know what I did, I did calmly walk up and expressed concern. And seriously how am I going to PROVE what they told me in person? It wasn't emails obviously. My best friend was standing there when I did it.

Also I didn't get close enough to take the photos in side the cages, was trying to not be obvious. But if it will make y'all feel better we can go back today and take the photos.

Those dogs are always sick. What I meant by USUALLY have to make a scene was from past experiences, I stood there for an hour and a half 3 yrs ago when they had weimaraner puppies with freshly docked tails in a cage covered in diarrhea and I had already said 3 times with fresh wounds that needs to me clean immediately or they will go septic if it gets in their blood. So after an hour and a half and saying something 5 times because no body cared yea I made a scene.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #10
ElexisC
And if you can't tell that's algae in the water the dragon is sitting on you're either blind or just trying to discredit the actual proof which is plain to see. Why would that bowl be green inside when it's a ran rock bowl?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!