Collectibles: what do YOU collect? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Lucille
Collectibles: what do YOU collect?

Besides reptiles of course

I am trying to re-do the living room a little bit and I decided as a decorating touch I would start a collection of teddy bears, especially some of the more collectible ones.

So far I have a small basketfull and I must say they are quite cute, with some of them dressed in various little appealling outfits.

All of a sudden I am hunting on Ebay, at garage sales, etc. to see if I can find a few more because they are so fun.

Do y'all collect anything?

Old 02-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
Ginger Ambrose
Collections

I collect angels: It started when my Mom passed. My sisters did not want the
angels, she had so I got them. That was about 5 angels. I now have over 100.
I have all kinds, only thing I guess is that they catch my eye. I now get them for birthdays, and other holidays. I only collect angels, not cherubs. However I have found that alot of folks do not reconize the difference. So I do have a few cherubs amongst my collection.
My other passion is pitchers and tea pots. (have no clue how this started) LOL I have quite a few, and they do all have a special place in my heart.
Like you, Lucille, I find my self scouring ebay, garage sales, flea markets, every where.
It is a passion I guess.............now if I can get Hubby to build the display cabinet I have been requesting for a few years.
Well, maybe next year.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
I used to collect precious moments but I gace them to my daughters.
I'm not big into collecting anything anymore---but I am starting to show a interest in lenox...but reptiles are much more interesting

Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
LakesideBoas
Does junk count?!

J/K I guess I collect books. I am an avid reader and I am slowly filling each bookcase (I have three large and one small), sometimes three deep. That's not counting the books by my bed and next to the sofa...!

Old 02-12-2006, 05:20 AM   #5
Cat_72
I collect chicken stuff, lol.

My whole kitchen is decorated with "chicken memorabilia", and now that everyone knows this, my collection is growing and speading outward from the kitchen.....

Old 02-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
I used to collect Koala bears as a child....does that count?

Old 02-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
LakesideBoas
I don't see why not...

I'll bet if you look around, you'll find you collect all kinds of stuff, even if it's just piles of junk mail! Welcome to Fauna, Nicole!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
coyote
Clutter, dust and dog hair.

I used to collect rabbits, but dusting them all become tiresome. I have bird themed wall pockets, Catholic art/icons, art and craft supplies, fabric, books--Oh! I loooove books, web addresses, tools that make cleaning easier, and tools (saws, drills etc.)

Old 02-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
Jan Orcutt
Baseball memorabilia, esp. NY Yankees from my past and present (mid-1950s to now). I used to attend a lot of baseball card shows and had a chance to meet some of my heroes. I have signed/framed photos, signed baseballs, signed bats.... but none are on display because I haven't gotten around to putting them up in my new house (moved in Sept. 2003!).

With Whitey Ford in 1998:

With Cal Ripken, jr. in 2002:

Old 02-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #10
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
I used to collect rabbits, but dusting them all become tiresome.
Don't they wiggle a lot when you do that?!

Couldn't resist!

Jan, that sounds exciting! Lucky person! Those would have been the first things I hung up...and probably the only things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!