Good Guy Sara Klepeisz (sklepeisz) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
RuthlessReptiles
Sara Klepeisz (sklepeisz)

I saw Sara had a good deal on a pair of leos shipped. The price seemed to good to be true. I looked up her BOI and saw a questionable transaction she had as a seller but a history of good transactions prior. I spoke with her about the bad transaction and she admitted to it saying she handled it the wrong way. I decided to take a chance.

In the end I got the Leos. They were well represented in the photos. They are both of healthy weight and have hearty appetites. Sara was easy to deal with and seemed very nice.

Morgan Bracken

Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
chazzz
I agree Sara is a great person to deal with, at least in my experience! Sara has great animals and is a very patient person!

I also read the BOI you are referring to, and I believe Sara just made a mistake as we all have. No one got scammed or was out any money as the transaction didn't take place and that was the problem.
Anyway that situation is what it is and I'm sure Sara would handle things much differently now regarding auctions, if she ever does one again.

A while ago I purchased a baby North Brazilian Red Tail Bcc from Sara. Prior to shipping Sara divulged that the snake had vomited a month ago but has held done a couple small meals. Both Sara and I thought it would be best that the snake get a few more meals in it to be on the safe side before shipping. Sadly the baby perished and Sara refunded all my money that same day. I think this shows her to be a very standup honest person! She was really broken up about the baby passing as I was because I was really excited to be getting her. Anyway I think Sara acted very professional concerning that deal and not many would have done what she did, being as forthcoming with info as she was regarding the snakes health since it seemed healthy at the time of purchase. But she wanted to disclose everything to me which I was very thankful for. Also holding the animal to make sure it was 100% before shipping was also very telling of what Sara is about. I know to well when neonate Bcc vomit that they can go downhill very fast and seldom recover from such an event. Even if they show promise by holding down a small meal after you're still not out of the water, as in this case. Anyway Sara dealt with that situation as best anybody could as a seller. She was completely upfront about its health and when things turned for the worse a prompt refund was sent. I don't think Sara knew just how serious it is when a baby Bcc vomits or I firmly believe she wouldn't have listed it for sale if she had. After I explained to her the seriousness and that it worried me, she insisted on waiting to ship which I agreed. Since the baby did hold down a few meals after it had vomited Sara thought the snake was fine. She didn't have to tell me about the vomit since she assumed the snake had recovered just fine. As other species of snakes can recover just fine from one episode of regurgitation but this is not so with baby Bcc. Anyway Sara was a great person to deal with and when things went downhill Sara acted as professional as anyone could expect!

I highly recommend Sara as a buyer or seller!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!