Bad Guy Jim Talioferro - Dead Shipment/Unresponsive - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #91
reptilebaby
Yeah, there should at least be a label saying live reptile on it.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #92
ShortStack
I'm absolutely sickened at what happened to that poor animal. I'm just about speechless. Galen, I hope that you are able to bring some sort of legal action against Jim, and while it won't change what happened to that poor animal, maybe it will be some sort of justice.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #93
MarkyMcFly
It literally looked like he packed it like he was shipping you a vase or something....absolutely horrible

Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #94
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
You are both very misinformed. The PETA headquarters is a few minutes away from my house and they run the SNIP program which offers a very low cost spay/neuter with meds for everyones PETS. They work very hard and late hours to make sure they help as many people's pets as possible. They also do various other treatments and shots for peoples pets and work hard to rehome home PETS from high kill shelters. That is a horrible generalization because everyone I have met that worked with PETA has several pets at home. I'm not for everything they do, but they do A LOT of good.

Sorry this is off topic a little, but you are letting a few bad seeds alter your perception of the group. There are extremists, yes, but not every muslim carries bombs either.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1329910

Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #95
kyryah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckels View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with this. There are plenty of people who will defend any animal. Heck, you could call PETA and I'm sure they'd give you an attorney on their dime.

I am expecting a call back tomorrow from my old local F&W Service guy, he'll fill me in on if anything can be done, and who to call.

I can't say this enough, this is the most cruel thing I've seen to date.

Trey Jackson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I really hate such blanket statements.
Although LE can take action, and some may, chances are that LE would refer such cases to Animal Control, Game Warden, etc.
Not because they do not care, but because there may be a "feel" that such cases (re. animals) are more appropriate to be handled by agencies that deal, more specifically, with animals.
I can tell you, first hand, that there are plenty of LE officers that do care ... and care a lot.
Also, if the OP is not refunded, it would be a civil matter (under the eyes of the law). The male being smaller, than what was stated (in private communication), would also be a civil matter.
Smuggling (should that be a case) is also handled by different agencies.
Fraud could be taken up, by LE, but I don't think that fraud fits into this because Jim did send what was advertised (the female).

That said, this situation (with the tortoises) just sickens me to no end. It creates an "agony", within me, when I think of what these tortoises must have gone through ... especially that poor, beautiful, female!
Wish I could place the responsible individuals in an oven... tit for tat.
However, since that is not possible (or legal), I truly hope some productive legal measures, along with animal cruelty charges, can/will be taken upon Jim and his SO.
I understand what both of you are saying, and I don't want to drag things way off topic here, but please take note of the fact that I live in Michigan. I have also been involved in rescue for the last 18 years. I have placed numerous calls to many agencies for many different cases of cruelty, and most often nothing is done. I have seen live turtles wrapped up in cellophane and stacked up on the floor of an Asian market, and made NUMEROUS calls to several enforcement agencies and, guess what, that market is still selling those turtles.

I have called the DNR numerous times to report people harassing, harming and even removing protected turtles from the wild and blatantly selling them. Nothing was ever done.

My statement was not meant to insult any officers, mainly to state what my observations in this state are. And, to be frank, it is that they do not care enough about reptiles. If it is a pony or a puppy or a kitten, you betcha, they are right there. But there is a reason that I no longer do cat/dog/horse rescue, and focus on reptiles. It is because there are so few that will stand up for them in this area.

And I will never forget the Turn 3 Ranch fiasco in Jackson, MI.

But, I digress completely from the topic and shall at this point bow out gracefully. I hope beyond hope that the person that tortured those poor tortoises is brought to justice.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #96
lillyorchid
Poor poor things. Good lord! This is horrible and cruel.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #97
BlooHiss
Any news on this? I've been worried/wondering since I read this thread.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #98
ballpython584
Any new developments concerning this?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #99
Captive_Science
Currently in the hands of a local law firm.

Will update as available.

Individual has several prior felony convictions for fraud, so should be interesting.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #100
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captive_Science View Post
Currently in the hands of a local law firm.

Will update as available.

Individual has several prior felony convictions for fraud, so should be interesting.

Galen,

You are a stand-up guy, who I wish all the best luck to. You have remained calm and collect throughout this entire ordeal and deserve to be commended for your actions. One of the few individuals who not only provided proof, but listed things you forgot to address / keep concerning your case. This will be a lesson to all of us shall we ever have the misfortune to have to deal with such a situation.

Once again best of luck

Michael Brown

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!