Yet Another Reason Not to Trust the Mainstream Media - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 10-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
bcr229
Yet Another Reason Not to Trust the Mainstream Media

The night shooting footage in this segment aired by ABC yesterday is not of an attack on Kurdish civilians, it is from a commercial public firing range in Knob Creek, Kentucky that holds three-day long gun shows with night shoots every April and October. The (known) lying starts at 11 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvWVC6fLjHo

Old 10-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
WebSlave
Can't view the video.

Quote:
Video unavailable
This video is private.
But be that as it may, I don't believe anything the "mainstream" media claims these days. They don't seem to even care any longer that most people know they are lying and just making up crap.

So I just stopped listening to them all.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #3
bcr229
LOL yeah ABC pulled it after they discovered they'd been cold busted and the owner of the footage submitted a Copyright claim to Youtube. Fortunately someone grabbed the stolen footage ABC posted and did a side-by-side comparison to the original private footage from 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSw6gYfVlAI

Someone else managed to grab the whole thing and re-post it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndMT8SWyEQs

Old 10-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
JColt
I don't trust any of them until it's proven fact. All add and omit what ever makes their cause sound good. Some people are gullible and believe some outrageous stuff though.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
WebSlave
You would think that people with a bonafide intention of having a career in reporting wouldn't sell out so easily for a paycheck that requires that they lie and fabricate what they are "reporting". Becoming the shadiest of used car salesmen would be a BIG step up in their stature with the thinking public. IMHO.

Personally, I couldn't look myself in the mirror holding down a job like that. I don't care what the pay is.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
Lucille
We in the Houston area are used to this concept. There is a library of previous flood/hurricane clips the media drags out and run whenever there is a hurricane in the area. And in general, intentional mislabeling in sales of goods is a huge problem both in media and in actual practice, but creating billions in profits, that it is not difficult to disbelieve what you see and wonder if there is anyone left who can be trusted.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
News stations and shows over the years have become more and more partisan. What happened to journalist integrity? I remember in journalism classes it was stressed about reporting facts and both sides of the story, opinions were for the opinion column. It's crazy how much has changed in just a short time.

I enjoy getting my news from Philip DeFranco show on youtube, at least he specifies when he's giving his opinion, otherwise he presents a pretty even sided show IMO
https://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil/featured

Old 10-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #8
bcr229
Lies in journalism go beyond partisanship.

Remember Dateline NBC and the exploding Chevy trucks?

Old 10-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Lies in journalism go beyond partisanship.

Remember Dateline NBC and the exploding Chevy trucks?

I totally agree about it going beyond partisanship!

I do not recall that story

Old 10-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I totally agree about it going beyond partisanship!

I do not recall that story
Sigh. Kids these days...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!