Security & Privacy, Personal information, Stolen Identities, Protecting Our Family - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #21
Big Borg Reptiles
Like the fact that you're using a fake name and vague location. Even if you messaged me right now and sent me your driver's license, social security card, and medical history, I would still wonder why you felt the need to hide your real name in the first place. It does not make me comfortable proceeding in business with someone who behaves in such a manner.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #22
Occidentalis
This sounds like the forwards from my elderly relatives when they first figured out how to use the internet and email. Paranoia, fear mongering, and ignorance of the fact that a phone book (remember those?) provides more information than the profile here.

Unlike the phone book, if you don't like the terms, don't register. It really is that simple.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #23
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I'm not going to argue this with you any more, either you'll put your real name and location or I won't see you again. Doesn't matter to me either way, just telling you the facts.
I said this a while ago and then got caught up :P. I'm over it, either you post your info or you leave in 24 hours.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #24
skygear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but from my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong Rich), the fact that people post their name and location has NEVER led to any form of identity theft on this site. I personally have my business email, personal cell number, and picture of myself available on my website that is posted at the bottom of every single one of my posts. The fact of the matter is, I have nothing to hide. I am completely transparent with people because that's the sort of business I believe in.

I have had people who I have never spoken with call me or email me with questions about snakes. It has never been an issue. If they're looking to buy, I usually tell them to text me or email me with details (so that it is documented), but there is absolutely no need for someone to send me a formal message first to introduce themselves. I don't need to know someone's life story to give them a snake, I just won't deal with someone that sounds fishy from the get go. That's all there is to it.
And thats what I am saying. If it was a normal business transaction. All this Forum etiquette would be unnecessary. I simply joined to look for HELP in finding what I was in search of since al the breeders I have dealt with have had none or no leads to assist with. Some of them even have the right snakes on their site, but then claim they do not have it and that there is a mistake on the site. Months go by and they are still advertising the same thing I am trying to buy, but they do not have it.

I do business in the real world and on the net. People know who I am when they want to do business with me.

I HAVE been a victim of Identity and financial theft and why I am concerned with it here on an open board. Go through it once, it stays there your whole life. Try getting the equity back on a house that a second mortgage was taken out on fraudulently.

Everything seems well and fine until the bad happens. It should be the users choice and then the sellers choice wether to do business with the said user.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #25
skygear
Nick, I do like this snake. Although I am not into balls.

Really nice collection. Your projects are turning out nicely.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #26
Big Borg Reptiles
Thank you, we have some pairings coming up this season that I'm really excited about.

This forum really is a great place for information or to build up a business relationship, I encourage you to reconsider your stance. Providing your name and location will not make you susceptible to anything more than a phone book would, as Alexander stated previously.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #27
skygear
I was reading about the pairings. Interesting stuff. Not setup at all in my house for anything breeding. Wanted to have some snakes for my daughters. They Love the all white snakes and all black. We helped a local rescue with a rat snake recently. They absolutely loved it. Fast, great temperament. The neighbor has a boa, they were not into it at all.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #28
skygear
Anyways, was not my intention to cause waves. My apologies to all. Just wanted a fair shake at finding my daughters a couple new 'friends' to take care of without putting our perceived privacy out there.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
You people, wow. Take the internet too seriously. There is real and present danger with your Personal information. It should be the users choice to openly display it or not.

Rich, you must know the risks of the information you want all of the users to display. There is no way you can't know. At 65 (displayed age) there is no way you don't watch the news and see the risks the news people even say not to use!!! Let alone the police!

I am not one of these ponzi importer scammers. I am a local guy wanting to get a couple inexpensive snakes for his daughters,.
My suggestion to you is that if you fear so much about such things, then get off of the internet and stay off.

As for actual risks, heck with the number of bad guys that have gotten deep sixed because I run this site and keep it running, you would think that if anyone were going to be a target for identity theft, that would be me. But has not happened. Heck, if someone wants to be me and have the headaches I have here, have at it. But don't bother me when you want out again.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:55 AM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
My question is this. If I am a buyer, and you are a retailer or breeder with good rep. Why would there be an issue.? I send money via PayPal, you and I are both protected. NOW, you know my name and info since PP shows all that.

I PP invoice people multiple times daily without issue. In the rare instance there is a discrepancy, we handle it through PP and the funds are reversed, refunded, or a case is made with supporting facts.
Are you really that naive? You truly believe that no one has ever gotten scammed using PayPal?

Spend some time reading the Board Of Inquiry, fella, and see just how wrong you are about that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!