My first Scarlet Kingsnake (florida) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Croakersoaker
My first Scarlet Kingsnake (florida)

Caight my first scarlet kingsnake last night near the apalachicola national forest. Found it road cruising
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
WebSlave
Looks like a nicely colored one. Good catch!

Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
blueboost68
Very nice indeed.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #4
Randall Turner
Very nice find.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
Cloppy
Awesome, I wish I could find one.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #6
WebSlave
I went over to the garage late tonight, as I needed to charge up some batteries for my lawn maintenance equipment, and it turned out to be a lucky thing for this little scarlet king snake that was in there. I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 in the garage, so any animals that get in there that can't find their way out, will dehydrate pretty quickly. So quite likely I would have found this one all shriveled up and dead in the middle of the floor by tomorrow.

Anyway, sorry about the really poor quality of these images. I wanted to use my Fuji camera body with my Nikon macro lens and forgot that I had set it to programmed mode instead of aperture priority at f22. So consequently depth of field just really sucks. It's been a good year or so since I used this camera and forgot that I had changed the settings in order to compare the results with what I was getting from a couple of newer cameras I have gotten. But I guess poor pics are better than no pics sometimes. There aren't any do-overs with this, because I released the critter and it vanished into the pine needles and is gone.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Donald C
Such a cute king

Old 09-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
Gorgeous animals.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
blueboost68
Bobby clear your pm,s tried to send you a message.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!