SPICY LIME GRILLED SALMON - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 02-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
JColt
SPICY LIME GRILLED SALMON

Made last night. Enjoyed it very much!

INGREDIENTS

1 lime
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (I used these Crushed Red Chili Peppers from Frontier Co-op!)
salt and pepper to taste
1.5 lbs. Wild Alaskan Salmon (I used sockeye salmon!)
(optional) extra lime wedges, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS

Use a microplane to zest the lime and toss the zest into a small mixing bowl.
Juice the lime, adding the lime juice to the lime zest.

Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to lime juice and whisk to combine.

Lay salmon in a small baking dish (I like to use a glass container with an airtight lid) and pour the marinade over the fish. Turn the salmon to coat and make sure it’s covered in marinade. If you have skin on the salmon, place the filet skin side up so that the marinade can soak in.

Cover salmon with the airtight lid and store in the fridge for thirty minutes to an hour or until you’re ready to eat.

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat until it’s piping hot (you could also use your outdoor grill). Use a heat-resistant pastry brush to brush olive oil over the grill grates to prevent the fish from sticking.

Remove fish from marinade and place it on the hot grill pan. Let it cook – without touching it! – for 5-7 minutes (see recipe notes) until salmon has lightened in color. Use a thin spatula to pick up the fish and flip it over on the grill. (If you’ve oiled your grill, the salmon shouldn’t stick too much once those nice grill marks have developed). Cook for another 5-7 minutes until fish is cooked to your desired level of doneness.

Remove salmon from the grill and serve immediately with extra lime wedges (optional). You could also add an extra sprinkle of flaky salt or red pepper flakes to the fish if you like.

NOTES

Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fillet – look for a piece of salmon that’s uniform in thickness to help it cook evenly, and don’t be afraid to cut into the fillet to take a peek at the fish! If you are cooking your salmon in small portions as opposed to one large fillet, you may want to decrease the cooking time.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Sounds great - I'm trying it ASAP!

Old 06-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
Mech
So I have been looking at this recipe for near a year or so and it really looked good.
I couldn’t comment on it until I tried it.
So here I go.
The is the shit!
Oops my bad😜.
So today it is fathers Day.
The family asks me what I want and I said “cook me this””.
What a great meal!
Loving every bit of this👍.
Really good recipe.
Thank you so so much.
If you ain’t doing this you are missing out.
Thank you .
Andy.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Mech
Please excuses my typos.
Thank you.
Andy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!