Venomoid in/near Indiana? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #61
FracksSake
The guy came for advice , not lectures. He knows what he asking . Lighten up a bit. If a question offends you, just don’t answer it. (Sorry Arc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #62
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by FracksSake View Post
The guy came for advice , not lectures. He knows what he asking . Lighten up a bit. If a question offends you, just don’t answer it. (Sorry Arc)

I think authoritarian type attempts to direct conversation to a narrow response will simply cause friction. The OP had her ideas, readers had differing ideas, they should be able to express, just as she expressed hers.

I think the objections to the OP came from her inability to hear the opinions of others (as well as her false accusation).

Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #63
FracksSake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think authoritarian type attempts to direct conversation to a narrow response will simply cause friction. The OP had her ideas, readers had differing ideas, they should be able to express, just as she expressed hers.

I think the objections to the OP came from her inability to hear the opinions of others (as well as her false accusation).

Okay. I’m not arguing one way or another, I just saw a question was asked and it seemed like heat seeking missiles were aimed from the start. No biggie.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #64
Lucille
I think you are being a bit naive. Venomoids are a hot button topic, and feelings run high. If the OP's only purpose was to get information, she would have simply picked out the informative replies and gone her way. But she did not. She was forceful and nasty while addressing some of the replies when she did not need to address them at all.
Here was her first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctophile117 View Post
I was hoping anyone could refer me to a vet who does the venomoid operation in or near Indiana. Thank you in advance.
Let's change it up to a different hot button topic, what if, instead of a reptile forum, someone had posted on a forum devoted to people "I was hoping anyone could refer me to a doctor who does abortions in or near Indiana."

No rational person would expect readers to keep their opinion to themselves and only post if they had such a referral.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #65
FracksSake
Okay, I’m dropping it. I understand the concern, I do.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #66
hotlips
Offered my experience with venomoids to be helpful on the subject, childish OP resorted to calling names & having a hissyfit. He or she won't be missed.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #67
FracksSake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
Offered my experience with venomoids to be helpful on the subject, childish OP resorted to calling names & having a hissyfit. He or she won't be missed.

You’re right . I reread it and see I missed a page. My apologies ... I’m not being sarcastic . :-)

Old 02-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #68
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by FracksSake View Post
You’re right . I reread it and see I missed a page. My apologies ... I’m not being sarcastic . :-)
I don't think you need to apologise, I think you made a very valid and reasonable point. The OP did not come here for a discussion on the rights and wrongs of the venemoid treatment, she came to ask about vets who might conduct the operation, and at first she was met quite reasonably, even though this is a process many people would not recommend.

Unfortunately this is a very emotive issue, and it was somewhat naive to think that there would not be a heated response somewhere along the line. If she had risen above that, ignored the hotheaded comments and continued with the more reasonable aspects of the discussion instead of getting defensive, or even just stopped responding, this would have faded away. Instead she resorted to name calling and obviously sent some reprehensible private messages we aren't party to, resulting in her ban from the site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!