i want to prove out a poss. super sunglow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Question i want to prove out a poss. super sunglow

Ok,i bought a sunglow thats 50% possible super and 50% possible jungle.I want to try to prove the super in her if its there.I know i should use a normal to see if i get all hypo's,but her being a possible jungle,should i use a normal jungle male?
Or an Arabesque male?Motley male? Can i use any one of them in normal design?No het stuff!
I'm thinking that the jungle part would be good? Wouldn't she have a higher number % of jungles if she was a jungle.I could get alot of hypo jungles.
I know what some of you are thinking already! PLEASE dont go there.(you cant even tell jungles) lol. Some i can.
Let me know your feelings.
Thanks
Rich
here she is
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
mxracer4life
Well, before breeding you always want to consider what it is YOU want to have. You are bringing little ones into this world, hopefully for the right reasons, so why not make something you want? When trying to prove out a super, here is a list of possibilities that you could go with:

Motley, Arabesque, Jungle, Normal, Anerytheristic, Harlequin and Pastel. Now, you could even go as far as throwing in the albino gene to give you even more possibilities. If it was me, and I had a possible super sunglow, possible jungle female, I would breed her to a Jungle het albino, as this would prove the Hypo gene AND Jungle gene at once. Plus, I love hypos, jungles, sunglows and even more when these are all mixed together.

Breed for what you want, that is whats most important.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
allreptiles1966
I'm a little lost.I thought to prove the super you use a normal? If i use my lipstick jungle het albino on her,how will i know if she was a super?
I have everything but an Arab and looking at Morgan for the Arab he has posted now.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
I'm a little lost.I thought to prove the super you use a normal? If i use my lipstick jungle het albino on her,how will i know if she was a super?
I have everything but an Arab and looking at Morgan for the Arab he has posted now.
To prove she is a super you need something other than a hypo.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
allreptiles1966
If i use a het albino, how am i to know if i have a super suglow when i will have sunglows and albino's in there?I thought the only way to prove a super was to use a normal so i would get all hypos if she is a super.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
mxracer4life
Quote:
If i use a het albino, how am i to know if i have a super suglow when i will have sunglows and albino's in there?I thought the only way to prove a super was to use a normal so i would get all hypos if she is a super.
If you breed a jungle het albino to a possible super sunglow possible jungle, you will get all hypos, but not all sunglows. It would be a large list of possibilities, but you would be able to tell if she is a super by that breeding.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
allreptiles1966
I think i got it.
There will be no normals het for anything? I will get albino's,sunglows and hypos only with some being Jungles's. The hypos will be 100% het albino?

Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
mxracer4life
Quote:
I think i got it.
There will be no normals het for anything? I will get albino's,sunglows and hypos only with some being Jungle's. The hypos will be 100% het albino?
Pretty close, maybe not that exactly, but close. Yes, all non-albinos will be 100& het albino.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Pretty close, maybe not that exactly, but close. Yes, all non-albinos will be 100& het albino.
If I am correct, on top of getting 100% hypos, if she proved jungle you would get 50/50 Sunglows and jungles, with sunglow jungles, super jungles, super jungle sunglows a possibility - all non albinos would be 100% het. If she doesn't prove Jungle, you would get 50/50 albinos, (1/4 sunglow and 1/4 kahl albino) and jungles (salmon, sunglow and albino possible). Sound right?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
allreptiles1966
Ok,I think you probably know a a bit more then me about this stuff.But i do understand better now.
I do know that a het albino and a sunglow giveyou about a 25% ratio,but the super gets me.If she does prove out to be super,i just drop the het albino's from them and get more of the other 3,albino's,sunglows and hypo's.Is there a way to determine the amount of the supers i get from the litter?Or the amount of Jungles compared to the normal look?
Let take a min. to say thanks to Jeremy.Thanks for the help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!