Strictly aesthetics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #21
darkbloodwyvern
I guess I agree with the plant hybrid comment. I don't feel like any breeder should try to produce these hybrids. I've heard Blood Ball hybrids are hard to make, and a person i was chatting with apparently was trying to make hybrids himself, then messaged me that both his bloods had died. That sort of attitude of "oh well, snake died" and shrugging it off drives me nuts. So it's less the hybridization, and more the attitude of some people about doing it. It's not screwing THAT much with nature when you consider all the other things humans breed that "shouldn't" be bred. I certainly don't think it's an atrocity that should be compared to mad science or anything, but it's definitely something to be done with caution.

Personally, the Wall is very pretty! I like the curls and think it's pretty cool looking. Probably wouldn't buy one anytime soon, but as long as people know that a snake is a hybrid, I don't have as much problem with them being made on occasion. There's so many nice morphs that a hybrid has to be pretty tops to keep up. if it came down to it, I'd take a regular ball morph over a hybrid in most cases

Old 05-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #22
Payara
I think it looks neat, unique, and patterns are unreal. Would I buy one? Nope. But then again I wouldn't buy a lot of animals. I personally prefer animals with F0 coloration. I'm not into morphs and designer animals. I guess I'm a purist.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #23
Payara
What bothers me isn't hybrids or people "playing God" but animals with neurological problems like jaguar carpet pythons. I never understood that concept. It's all good to create a MR animal.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
Toddbecker1234
I think the wall is pretty amazing looking myself. It has influences of both species and is very asthetically pleasing. I think if most people look at the snake for its appearance and not what it is most will like it also. In comparison to a lot of the ball morphs out there it is exceptional. Ball breeders have invested a lot of money and time in morphs that are not nearly as nice looking as the wall. The yellowbellly, sable, chocolate, plus the countless dinkers are far less amazing animals in regards to strictly appearances. So anyone that simply states they dont like them but like all the other ball morphs, are strictly hung up on the hybridization thing instead of appreciating the animal itself, imho. Todd

Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddbecker1234 View Post
So anyone that simply states they dont like them but like all the other ball morphs, are strictly hung up on the hybridization thing instead of appreciating the animal itself, imho. Todd
Maybe.......or it could simply be that they don't like it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, different strokes for different folks, etc.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #26
FireStorm
I like it...the pattern is pretty cool.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #27
Morelia4life
It is ugly. Simple as that. Like Harald said, different strokes for different folks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!