Inquiry Jungle Bob's Reptile World - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #11
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic maker View Post
Of course I asked questions and everything the staff was nice. I was just wondering if anyone has has `done business with them. Just seeing an animal through the glass doesn't guarantee that it is healthy....
So, clean facilities, healthy looking animals, and a nice staff wasn't enough to impress you. I'm guessing you need a vet report and history of the animal? Are you referring to a pet shop here? I don't know of anyone that you could make a simple inquiry about, that wouldn't take your initial post here as a shot at their credibility. No need for the last sentence in your post. Thus my comment about an ulterior motive. If someone posted your words about you, you'd get it...maybe

Old 12-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #12
Apokolips
See I personally would prefer doing as much research as possible about anyone I choose to buy from. Nothing bad ever happened from being well informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
The Magic maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
So, clean facilities, healthy looking animals, and a nice staff wasn't enough to impress you. I'm guessing you need a vet report and history of the animal? Are you referring to a pet shop here? I don't know of anyone that you could make a simple inquiry about, that wouldn't take your initial post here as a shot at their credibility. No need for the last sentence in your post. Thus my comment about an ulterior motive. If someone posted your words about you, you'd get it...maybe
You just want to start problems don't you? Please don't start something you can't finish Chris. Now if you would like to end it here we can or you can continue on with the conversation looking like a complete jackass.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
The Magic maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
I've dealt with Jungle Bob's. They were always very professional and accommodating.
Thank you

Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
The Magic maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew1234 View Post
I wasn't aware of a store upstate? I'm assuming they're affiliated with the one in Suffolk county ny with the same name?
That was my mistake I should have said suffolk county or LI instead of upstate but it is in centereach NY

Old 12-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #16
Greg Valente
Jungle Bob

About jungle Bob I live in the area of this store and have bought stuff and window shopped as well.The place is clean all animals for sale seem to be in great shape.The staff is good.And as for jungle Bob him self very perky and happy always has smile.So if your looking to buy something chances are you will walk out happy

Old 12-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #17
mikew1234
See, they lost my business a few years back for reasons involving feeders. The first time, I'll take some blame, as I should have been more persistent. They had placed all of the rats I ordered in the same box, needless to say, the medium rats partially ate all the pups, weans, etx. Upon returning, I got the sorry nothing we can do, even though I was back less than an hour later. Second issue was opening a box of rats on a seperately occasion to find them covered in black mites. About 4 months ago, I was in a jam on getting feeder insects, and went there as a one off deal. The shop stunk of death, nearly every exhibit was cohabitated, including 6 species of python in one enclosure. Top that off with a 2 foot water dragon in a 12x12x18. I didn't buy insects. Last issue was at a local show in October, one of their employees in an attempt to sell crested geckos told a group of people around their table males don't fight and you can keep at least a half dozen adults in a 10 gallon tank. Now, all of these issues happened when the owner, bob was not around. I know bob is a good guy, and maybe when he's there things are different. But I personally would use caution in purchasing anything from them. I had no issues shopping at the store through two previous owners, although that is irrevalant.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #18
The Magic maker
[quote=mikew1234;1878789]See, they lost my business a few years back for reasons involving feeders. The first time, I'll take some blame, as I should have been more persistent. They had placed all of the rats I ordered in the same box, needless to say, the medium rats partially ate all the pups, weans, etx. Upon returning, I got the sorry nothing we can do, even though I was back less than an hour later. Second issue was opening a box of rats on a seperately occasion to find them covered in black mites. About 4 months ago, I was in a jam on getting feeder insects, and went there as a one off deal. The shop stunk of death, nearly every exhibit was cohabitated, including 6 species of python in one enclosure. Top that off with a 2 foot water dragon in a 12x12x18. I didn't buy insects. Last issue was at a local show in October, one of their employees in an attempt to sell crested geckos told a group of people around their table males don't fight and you can keep at least a half dozen adults in a 10 gallon tank. Now, all of these issues happened when the owner, bob was not around. I know bob is a good guy, and maybe when he's there things are different. But I personally would use caution in purchasing anything from them. I had no issues shopping at the store through two previous owners, although that is irrevalant.[/QUOTE

That's interesting but to be honest most pet shops aren't great at keeping feeders healthy.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #19
mikew1234
Since a lot of shops at the least breed a portion of their feeders now, I could argue the point. Also, rats turning canabalistic in 30 minutes, and snake mites on them doesn't say much good. Feeders aside, heavy cohabitation (I know storefronts have to do it in most cases) of animals from different parts of the world, as well as mixing cb with wc isn't necessarily good in my mind. Top it off with bad advice (male crested geckos together, 6 to a 10 gallon), and the cleanliness of the store isn't really necessary to paint a negative picture. Selling a living thing in general males you liabial to be able to show as well as describe proper husbandry, care and maintainance, no?

Old 12-30-2015, 03:04 AM   #20
LauraB
Quote:
That's interesting but to be honest most pet shops aren't great at keeping feeders healthy.
I might also respectfully argue your point, Christian, since those pet shops that house and sell snakes and other herps also use those very same feeders to feed their own stock.

Therefore, it is in that pet shop's best interest to keep those feeders clean and healthy in order to keep their own "for sale" stock clean and healthy.

Do you really think they would stock and sell feeders and not use those very same rats, mice, rabbits, crickets, worms, or whatever, not to substain their own in-house animals?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!