Eastern Indigo Hatchlings - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #31
BWSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertHerper
Well I thank you for clearing up my motivation behind wanting this snake... Before your comment I felt like that Pied Balls, Womas, Coxi, Prasina and so on that I kept years ago were motivated by money alone... I felt like I stopped working with snakes because of the direction of the keepers to always be pushing for more money... I see now that I'm wrong for thinking this and I should maybe look into breeding something like ringneck snakes... Thank you for speaking for me and letting me know the motivation behind my purchase as I thought I was trying to stick up for people doing just want you mentioned above with the Drys.....
You're Welcome.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #32
Archimedes Artifex
Quote:
Based on this statement you wouldn't think there were 4 breeders trying to sell them currently without any luck... Based on supply and demand not only will a price go up but down as well, something clearly none of them want to publicly do.. I have seen Robert selling or attempting to sell the same snakes for months and months without luck..

I guess as sad as it is to say, the politics and greed that have effected the rest of the snake market is making it's way into the Indigo as well... I have spoken with 2 breeders myself who have told me that they can't sell them for $1,000 but don't want to cut the price on others... Debeers is one clear example of supply and demand having nothing to do with a over priced product...

Not trying to be rude here or start a debate, simply pointing out that if you can't sell your snakes after months and months, have no waiting list and little interest the price at some point will have to be looked at as the possible issue..

I would like to see somebody making the supply and demand argument list a pair on reptileauctions.com and let it fly.. I think the price would come in much closer to $1,500 a pair as I think the Indigo will always be a $750 snake..
I don't get what everyone is contiuously debating. If I had a spare grand sitting around I would love to own an Indigo. I would rather spend $1100 on a fascinating and challenging snake rather then go and spend $15,000 on a $30 ball python that looks like it's been painted with finger nail polish. Maybe after I spend my life savings restoring my '69 Roadrunner, and taking care of my collection as is, I will try to get into breeding Indigos.

Cheers
-Richard

Post Scripture:
I could quote everyone and try my hardest to make points, but that would take up another 7 pages.
Nice debate, and well spoken on EVERYONE'S behalf. Although this was a classified add, and not a debate.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #33
thesnakeman
Exclamation Just curious

Robert Bruce posted a classified add which ignited a 7 page firestorm, involving a half dozen people,....but not one word from Robert. Why? I'm asking Robert,...not you.

And to Marcia,...We will sell our indigos for whatever price we want. If you don't like it, I'll give you a quarter so you can call somebody who gives a ****! If you can't afford indigos, get a job at the zoo, and one of us might donate some for free, and then you'll be able to work with them. Or sell your house, save your money, and buy some,....{ LIKE I DID!!!!} Then, and only then will you fully comprehend the value, and corresponding price of an indigo. Until then shut your pie hole and go play with garter snakes. Because until you acquire, raise, breed, sell, and loose a few indigos,....YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! And you just annoy those of us who do.
T.
P.S. I'll sell you one for about ten grand.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #34
DesertHerper
Quote:
We will sell our indigos for whatever price we want.
Correction, you will sell your snakes for whatever you're paid.. And clearly nobody is getting paid $1,000 for them.. Not one person as address why the snake use to have a 3 year waiting list and now nobody can sell them.. This my friend if you took business 101 is called supply and demand..

As for purchasing Indigos, I really don't like working with common snakes, the Eastern is WAY too common for me to want to deal with.. Even more so when you address the permit issues and having less of a market to sell to.. I went with a trio of Texas instead, much less common in captive collections..

Thank you however for assuming as much as you did, I found it to be a very entertaining break in my night.. Also, if you decide you want to work with a snake not as common and clouded in so much debate and drama let me know and I'll put you on my waiting list for Texas Indigos..

Old 09-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #35
thesnakeman
Your an idiot. I could sell indigos all day long for a grand a pop. Folks are pestering me all the time, which is why I don't advertise anymore, and I don't maintain a waiting list. And there is still a waiting list for most breeders, some maybe longer than three years. You have no clue what you are talking about. Your just running your yapper. And we're just laughing at you. So how bout you either shut up, or get some couperi, and raise them, and breed them, and have some die, or lay infertile eggs, so you will know what you are talking about. Keep your Texans.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 AM   #36
BWSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnakeman
Your an idiot.
That made me chuckle since I am watching House season 2 on DVD at this very moment and that is his favorite line

Old 09-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #37
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Correction, you will sell your snakes for whatever you're paid.. And clearly nobody is getting paid $1,000 for them.. Not one person as address why the snake use to have a 3 year waiting list and now nobody can sell them.. This my friend if you took business 101 is called supply and demand..

As for purchasing Indigos, I really don't like working with common snakes, the Eastern is WAY too common for me to want to deal with.. Even more so when you address the permit issues and having less of a market to sell to.. I went with a trio of Texas instead, much less common in captive collections..

Thank you however for assuming as much as you did, I found it to be a very entertaining break in my night.. Also, if you decide you want to work with a snake not as common and clouded in so much debate and drama let me know and I'll put you on my waiting list for Texas Indigos..
I’m just curious,

How did you come to the conclusion that none were selling? It’s a general ad about a clutch. This ad and others make no mention of a single snake being sold. Just because you see the same picture or the same ad doesn’t conclude that nothing has been sold.

Quote:
I have 2006 season Eastern Indigo hatchlings available now. Most are the red-throat form as all of my parents are red-throats.

Quote:
I am beginning to release 2006 hatchlings. Males and pairs are available, $1,100 each. I also have a small number of yearling pairs (inquire if interested).
How can these quotes above be claimed as supporting evidence to your statements below?

Quote:
I have seen Robert selling or attempting to sell the same snakes for months and months without luck.

Do you produce a huge number of these every year or is this just a snake that's very hard to sell as I've seen you listing them for months now.

Not trying to be rude here or start a debate, simply pointing out that if you can't sell your snakes after months and months, have no waiting list and little interest the price at some point will have to be looked at as the possible issue.
Well your answer is right in the Ad.
Quote:
For the last two years, I have been the top producing breeder in the world, with the largest breeding colony of Eastern Indigos anywhere.
I think you’re a little upset that nobody wanted your ring.

Quote:

Willing to trade 1.5+ carat Diamond solitaire for Eastern Indigos...

That's about what it comes down to.. This is a brand new ring from a store buyout.. I can't afford to marry any more women (come to think of it, even if I could I'd rather have a pair of indigos) so I won't be putting this ring to use.. It is over 1.5 carats, 18k white gold setting and would cost you $5,000 at the very least if you were to try buying it from any store. I'm open to any and all trade offers.. I would be more then happy to send pictures..

Give me a call at (520) 609-three-nine-seven-nine...

Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 AM   #38
Kaa needs a wife
To add insult to injury............

I for one have wanted a pair of easterns for years. Finding anyone having them for sale though has been a pain and yes they are expensive. So for the last few months I have been putting away the nickels and dimes. Not buying that next pack of cigarettes. Buying some nice big cages, heating, lighting. And preparing to buy said eastern indigos. I am gettin 1.0 Black tailed cribo and still trying to find him a female......(anyone know of a breedable female for sale) So there is a demand for this snake. I for one will take my time and make sure that I will have my beauty's around to enjoy for years. Money means nothing to me as compared to working with these snakes. I fell in love with the genus after seeing my first black tail and after that it was over.............

Old 09-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #39
DesertHerper
Quote:
Your an idiot. I could sell indigos all day long for a grand a pop. Folks are pestering me all the time, which is why I don't advertise anymore, and I don't maintain a waiting list. And there is still a waiting list for most breeders, some maybe longer than three years. You have no clue what you are talking about. Your just running your yapper. And we're just laughing at you. So how bout you either shut up, or get some couperi, and raise them, and breed them, and have some die, or lay infertile eggs, so you will know what you are talking about. Keep your Texans.
Well, I have also told people that I win the conversation when I can get the other person to degrade their ration to the point of calling names.. I state this only as a general rule as conversations are clearly not games to be won, just viewpoints compaired..

Quote:
I’m just curious,

How did you come to the conclusion that none were selling? It’s a general ad about a clutch. This ad and others make no mention of a single snake being sold. Just because you see the same picture or the same ad doesn’t conclude that nothing has been sold.
Not to be rude but if you're both too lazy to read the whole thread I have zero interest in doing it for you..

Quote:
I could sell indigos all day long for a grand a pop.
Well you may be a better sales person then the other four people advertising Easterns for sale.. Can you please tell me how you sell them? It can't be advertising or a website as all the other people that have been trying to sell theirs for months have them.. It can't be word of mouth either as Robert is more know then yourself for working with this snake.. Maybe you just excell in sales?

Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #40
Wilomn
Quote:
Well, I have also told people that I win the conversation when I can get the other person to degrade their ration to the point of calling names.. I state this only as a general rule as conversations are clearly not games to be won, just viewpoints compaired..

Not to be rude but if you're both too lazy to read the whole thread I have zero interest in doing it for you..

Well you may be a better sales person then the other four people advertising Easterns for sale.. Can you please tell me how you sell them? It can't be advertising or a website as all the other people that have been trying to sell theirs for months have them.. It can't be word of mouth either as Robert is more know then yourself for working with this snake.. Maybe you just excell in sales?
Let's look at this another way.

Who has them for sale? I know one guy in Pa. who produced Tx/Eastern hybrids and sold them as pure. Maybe you're dealing with him.

Who are you dealing with that has so many left over. Maybe it's the seller.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread