Expos & the Lacey act - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
marina322
Expos & the Lacey act

hey everyone, I have a question. since the Lacey act has been passed, does anyone know if law enforcement is doing anything about the reptile expos? for instance, I live in PA and if I decide to go to the expo in Maryland to get an anaconda/ Retic/ Burm (whatever) and drive it back to PA, what is the odds of getting caught? now, I do not plan on doing this, i'm just curious about how the law is enforcing the Lacey act during reptile shows. do they put up road blocks around the perimeter or state borders? do they check people randomly exiting the show? or they just don't care?... I don't support the Lacey act, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to make all states suffer because of Florida's problem. I am just curious if they are taking action against the expos.. anyone know? thanks.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina322 View Post
1. what is the odds of getting caught?
2. I am just curious if they are taking action against the expos.. anyone know?
1. 100% odds for the person foolish enough to try it and gets caught.
2. Great question, I have no insight on what is currently being done with this, sorry. At past expos I attended, State Fish & Wildlife always had booths about local fauna, and made the rounds. No issues, but this was prior to the last rounds of Burm/Anaconda Lacy rules.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
Donald C
I've seen Fish and Game in my state appear at some shows that I attend. With some, they were present from the start. The most recent time, someone attending the show called them in on someone, which prompted them to take a look around the show for anything else that shouldn't have been there.