suggestion: putting in a FAQ or TOS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Andrea1784
Exclamation suggestion: putting in a FAQ or TOS

Hi, first of all I love the program and thank you webslave for running it, I'm sure you don't need me telling you how appreciated it is. I just have a small suggestion that you put up a brief FAQ or terms of use for the topsites since sometimes it is unclear whether certain activities constitute cheating. I realize that you send out an email when every site signs up explaining the rules on cheating, but it would be nice to be able to read them before signing up and in more detail. Some people are a little dense and just don't understand the program right away (direct referance to me! ). When I first signed up I was unsure whether putting the code on multiple pages within my site was cheating or not. I found out by clicking on a few member's sites and seeing that they were doing this so I can assume its fine.

thanks

Old 03-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
WebSlave
I expect most people will figure out the most effective way to use the program. It is designed to determine how popular your site is, which implies that every page that someone visits, should be counted in that total. A site that simply has the main page visited and the visitor finds nothing of interest and moves on, certainly should not be weighted the same as a site where a visitor will visit 10 or 20 pages. What is counted is content value. The more things of interest to a viewer, the higher your rating should be.

I think that is the fairest way of judging the value and interest level of a website.

As for a FAQ, well it would be so low on my priority list, that I have little doubt it will percolate up to the top within my lifetime. Sorry, I do see the value of it, but I have hotter irons in the fire right now.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!