Advice Concerning Large Purchase Problem.. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
BobOblak
"You advise the seller you are having some feeding issues and never get a response."

I agree with the feeding issues in different conditions, but Doesn't this then cast suspicion on the seller? Whether or not the issue is resolved to the satisfaction of the buyer or not,
It is poor customer service to ignore a customer complaint.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
timebider
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
"You advise the seller you are having some feeding issues and never get a response."

I agree with the feeding issues in different conditions, but Doesn't this then cast suspicion on the seller? Whether or not the issue is resolved to the satisfaction of the buyer or not,
It is poor customer service to ignore a customer complaint.
I agree with everything that has been said, but this is also definitely an issue (and also probably a large factor in why the buyer feels raw about the situation - had she received any acknowledgement from the seller, especially if the seller was concerned and/or trying to help, she might feel differently).

I sold a ball python to someone last summer that was feeding like clockwork for me. That snake would eat anything at all: live, F/T, mice, rats - pretty much whatever I threw in there. The buyer got her home and would she eat for him? Not for THREE MONTHS. I was in contact with him the whole time, making suggestions, offering to give him some ASFs to try, and empathizing. I finally got worried enough that I offered to buy the snake back. That same day, she ate for her new owner (naturally).

Had she died, I would have taken care of the buyer somehow (and I would have been more than OK with it since I'd been talking with him and knew exactly what was going on all that time).

I think communication is key in these situations. Had the seller responded to the buyer's initial concerns, even if it was just to say, "Sorry about that, hope they start doing better," I bet the buyer wouldn't feel quite as upset as she does now.

In any case, my sympathies on the dead little guys. I know how that feels, and it ain't fun.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
Kaiyudsai
The stress of shipping could be enough to stop them from wanting to feed for a while...... Snakes generally only feed when they feel very secure.... since feeding makes them very vulnerable......

Give them time to acclimate.... and don't handle them

Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
The stress of shipping could be enough to stop them from wanting to feed for a while...... Snakes generally only feed when they feel very secure.... since feeding makes them very vulnerable......

Give them time to acclimate.... and don't handle them

Thanks, but the person involved wasn't a newbie and never handled the snakes at all. Kind of common sense i would hope. Also certain no handling was done except toward the end when tube assist feeding was attempted. Considering the rest of the animals are still doing well, we believe the seller lied or they never recovered from shipment or were just in poor health before purchase or maybe all of those things. As has been stated, it just would've been nice for some kind of acknowledgement from the seller. Would make the whole situation a little less bitter for all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!