GREAT CAGES from"MOONSTRUCK EXCOTICS" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2003, 06:51 AM   #1
snkkpr01
GREAT CAGES from"MOONSTRUCK EXCOTICS"

I puchased a cage from Neil at moonstruck 3 weeks ago. Since then I haven't been able to stop telling people about it. Simply put " they are the best" This thing is light, it locks, is strong, and the best thing is its affordable. Under 200 bucks. I picked mine up to save on shipping. These cages are just GREAT. I also keep HOTS and I am switching all my cages to these, because of the divider option. Plus they have 2 doors instead of just one wich is nice for some of the less "friendly" snakes. I jsut cant say enough about these cages.

Thanks Neil and Lisa. Looking foward to doing much more business with you.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
SWAG
I too recently received a cage from Neil and Lisa at Moonstruck Exotics/Constrictor Cages. They said to give them three weeks lead time, and three weeks from the day of ordering the cage was on my doorstep. Solid service in that department. Fed-Ex, their shipper, apparently slightly damaged my cage, probably by dropping it, causing a small hair-line fracture in the PVC. Neil has been completely professional about it, is following through with a claim with Fed-Ex and is mailing me a repair kit. I give this experience as a testament to the right way to do business- people have often said on here that its what a seller does when something goes wrong that makes a reputation, and I'm happy to report that they are great people to go to for your caging needs. The cage itself looks excellent.
-Saul Allen

Old 10-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
Therm
I've been in on these cages for a long time now and am endorsing them to everyone I can spread the word to. The Constrictor cages from Moon Struck are the best new cages on the market and for that price shipped well it simply can't be beat. Light weight, heated, lockable? Simply stated WOW. Neil and Lisa are upstanding memebers of the herp world and are now bringing affordable caging to your front door! I've got pictures on the front page of my site if anyone hasn't seen what they look like yet!

Justin Higgs
ECTOTHERMZ...
http://www.ectothermz.com

Old 10-01-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
gila7150
I have a couple questions for any of you that have bought these cages already.

1. In the pictures, there appears to be a latch in the center of the door but what prevents a strong snake from pushing out either side of the door? Maybe there is something else besides the center latch to keep the door shut and I just can't see it in the pic?

2. Is the plexi glass / acrylic door thick enough to prevent it from being pushed out by a strong snake? With my Boaphile cages this isn't a problem but I have another cage from Snake Hut that was basically useless until I completely modified and reinforced the doors.

3. Are the seams where the floor and the walls meet completely sealed to prevent feces from getting in the cracks?

4. Does the hardware (hinges, locks, etc) seem heavy duty enough? Do any of you own the 72" or 96" cages...if so, do you like them as much as the 48"?

Right now, I'm really happy with the Boaphiles but unfortunately they don't build anything larger than a 48" cage unless you start getting expandable ends and joining cages together. I'm always on the lookout for other quality cages.
Thanks,

Old 10-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #5
SWAG
Someone else will have better answer but...

Okay, I'll answer your questions as best I can, though I'm sure someone else can fill in the gaps.

1. And 2. There is a metal turning lock/latch in the center of the door. This is pretty sturdy. To prevent the situation you have just described, there are little plastic "turn-latches" (for lack of a better word) on each side of the tops of the doors. Between these, the center lock, and the hinges, an animal would be hard pressed to bend the acrylic enough to get out. Any animal strong enough to bend between these points would not be able to get out. Now granted, I have only had this cage a short time, but from the looks of it I am unconcerned. The plexi itself is not super thick, but because of the above points I'm not worried.

3. The Seams are sealed.

4. The hinges look great, from my limited understanding, in the last month they changed the design to even further strengthen them. For such a light-weight cage it appears to be quite sturdy. As to the 72" I think they just unveiled those, at least they just did for shipping purposes, so I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that. Give me a couple of months and maybe I'll be able to...

I have a hodgepodge of cages right now- melamine, sealed wood, slant-front Neo's, and now this. For the balance of ease of cleaning, weight and appearance this cage is completely comparable to other commercially available enclosures. For price, its better. With the heat already routered in, I have gotten an excellent temperature gradient just using an on/off thermostat. (Its low-watt flexwatt, along roughly half the base. Because of the remove you could conceivably stack quite a few, providing the animals were not too heavy.)

Old 10-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #6
gila7150
Thanks for the info Saul!

Old 10-02-2003, 06:13 AM   #7
snkkpr01
Chris, Neil had fixed a crack in the bottom of the first cage I got from him. It is about 4 in long. When I brought the cage home I filled it with water up to the front lip. 48hrs later there was not a drop of water on my floor. After seeing that I think the seams are sealed..LOL

Another thing is I put a big female boa. She is known for pushing on corners, thats why I picked her. She pushed on every nook and cranny on that cage and couldn't find a way out. So I left the huge B***H in there..Now I need to order about 10 more cages.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:11 AM   #8
Basically Boas
Great Cages!!!!

I recently acquired one of Neil's 'Moonstruck' cages to see if I would like it. I have over 300 boas and I am always looking for a better way to get more out of the existing space I have. I have to say the cage is very well designed and visually appealing. I am very happy with it overall and have since put an order in for another 6, four foot cages. I also needed a custom size made to fit one of my rooms to allow me to maximize the length of a wall. Neil had no problem with making me another 6 custom cages to fit my needs!
Great cages and a great guy! Thanks Neil!

Old 10-08-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
Randy T.
I just received my moonstruck cage this morning, and I really like the design, and it appears to be more then sturdy enough for the boa it is intended for. I plan to purchase 2, 6' cages from him in the near future and will not hesitate to do so.

Great job Neil and Lisa Smith.

Later Randy T.

Old 10-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #10
snakeyes
do they have a web site?

can someone give me there web address if they have one ?
thanks
russ mercado

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!