Bad Guy Joey Carpenter - The Snake Room - Txsnakeroom@comcast.net - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
bear
Joey Carpenter - The Snake Room - Txsnakeroom@comcast.net

I purchased an Arabesque het Sharp boa from Joey Carpenter. The transaction as quick, his responses were short and not much communication was had. He was supposed to ship this last thursday and I had not received any tracking as of around 8pm. I emailed with no response for a couple hours, then sent a final angry response as I felt with the little communication in the deal so far and the lack of call/email/tracking number at 10pm on the shipping night, I was being ripped off.

Joey sent a reply with the tracking number, I felt I had jumped the gun with my email, demanding a refund if the snake had not been shipped, and apologized for jumping to conclusions.

The shipment was delayed so I made arrangements to have the package stopped at my local hub so I could go pick it up rather then have it sit on a truck for hours longer waiting to be delivered.

Upon opening the box at home, the boa was emaciated, I mean I've never seen a skinnier baby. I thought surely it was not eating or something was wrong. When I got home, I put her in one of my racks and let her be until the next day.

I emailed Joey about how skinny the boa was and he replied "I had a lot of bites on the boa and had not fed her in anticipation of shipping." bull spit, that doesn't happen over a week of no food. I told him as long as she eats, I'll live with it.

The following day (saturday, this morning) I went in and fed her. She slammed a frozen thawed pinky and I was pleased. Later tonight I decided to sneak a peak at how my new boa was doing. I found her with mites crawling all over her head. This was the last straw for me, first the snake is so skinny it has skin hanging off of it, no muscle, and its backbone sticking out, now mites? too much for me sorry.

I think the most frustrating points here are

1. I spoke with the person who produced this boa and Joey has only had it for two months ( I doubt he fed it once)

2. The boa has a very strong feeding response and he just plain was not feeding it.

3. No mention of the mites and endangering my very expensive collection (luckily she is quarantined and I doubt anything will spread to my collection)

At the end of the day, I am not asking for anything from the seller. No money Is really needed and I sure as hell will not be sending the boa back for a refund. I just want people to know what kind of animal to expect from him and if you care about what happens to your babies, don't sell to Joey.

I am 100% fed up with garbage sellers and I realized today that these people are not going to leave our hobby unless somebody does something about it.

Emails are below, although theres really nothing important to note in them.

He did seem nice through out the whole transaction but being nice doesn't make up for selling boas in that condition.

txsnakeroom@comcast.net to me
show details Feb 24 (2 days ago)
Here you go. I thought this was copied to you as well.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Forwarded message -----
Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am
Subject: FedEx Shipment Notification
To: <txsnakeroom@comcast.net>

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: All Pro Shipping, Inc.
Name: Joey Carpenter
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Joey Carpenter of All Pro Shipping, Inc. sent Alberto Dimatteo 1 FedEx Priority Overnight package(s).
This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 02/24/2011.

Tracking number: 796798383443
To track the latest status of your shipment, click on the tracking number above,
or visit us at fedex.com.
To learn more about FedEx Express, please visit our website at fedex.com.

This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the Requestor noted
above. FedEx does not validate the authenticity of the requestor and does not validate,
guarantee or warrant the authenticity of the request, the requestor's message, or the
accuracy of this tracking update. For tracking results and fedex.com's terms of use, go to fedex.com.

Thank you for your business.

Forward
Savannah Exotic Pets to txsnakeroom
wow, i feel kinda bad since it was just a mistake. sorry about that, i have just been burned like 4 out of 6 of my last transactions or so. thanks, I'll send confirmation that i got her in the morning

Alberto
- Show quoted text -
Forward
Yeah wow. Like I said, I submitted your email address on the shipyourreptiles.com site. I assumed you relieved the smart info I did. No worries she is on her way properly packed and warmed.

Joey

----- Reply message -----
From: "Savannah Exotic Pets" <savannah.management@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm
To: "txsnakeroom@comcast.net" <txsnakeroom@comcast.net>

wow, i feel kinda bad since it was just a mistake. sorry about that, i have
just been burned like 4 out of 6 of my last transactions or so. thanks, I'll
send confirmation that i got her in the morning

Alberto

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM, txsnakeroom@comcast.net <
txsnakeroom@comcast.net> wrote:

> Here you go. I thought this was copied to you as well.
>
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
>
> ----- Forwarded message -----
> From: TrackingUpdates@fedex.com
> Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am
> Subject: FedEx Shipment Notification
> To: <txsnakeroom@comcast.net>
>
>
> __________________________________________________ ______________________________
>
> This tracking update has been requested by:
>
> Company Name:All Pro Shipping, Inc.Name:Joey CarpenterE-mail: 'not

> provided by requestor'
>
>
> __________________________________________________ ______________________________
>
> Joey Carpenter of All Pro Shipping, Inc. sent Alberto Dimatteo 1 FedEx
> Priority Overnight package(s).
>
> This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 02/24/2011.
>
> Status:Shipment information sent to FedEx
>
> Tracking number:796798383443<https://www.fedex.com/insight/findit/nrp.jsp?tracknumbers=796798383443&opco=FX&language =en&clienttype=ivother>

>
> To track the latest status of your shipment, click on the tracking number
> above,
> or visit us at fedex.com <https://www.fedex.com>.
>
> To learn more about FedEx Express, please visit our website at fedex.com<https://www.fedex.com>.

>
>
> This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the
> Requestor noted
> above. FedEx does not validate the authenticity of the requestor and does
> not validate,
> guarantee or warrant the authenticity of the request, the requestor's
> message, or the
> accuracy of this tracking update. For tracking results and fedex.com's
> terms of use, go to fedex.com <https://www.fedex.com>.
- Show quoted text -
Forward
Joey, yeah i didnt get anything from syr.com. Sorry again, like i said, I thought you had not shipped the snake. I'll let you know when i get her tomorrow,

Alberto
- Show quoted text -
Forward
Sounds good. You'll be happy with her. Not too many arabesque sharp stuff out there.

Joey

Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 10:12 pm
- Show quoted text -
Forward
show details Feb 25 (2 days ago)
Joey, apparently there has been some bad weather i was unaware of so the package has been delayed. I have been working with fedex all morning and the package is finally on its way to my local hub. I have arranged for them to pull it from going out on the trucks and bring it inside in a heated room so i can come get it rather then have it out on a truck all day. I will go pick her up as soon as she arrives at my hub and let you know when i get her. thanks,

Alberto
- Show quoted text -
Forward
show details Feb 25 (2 days ago)
Thank you for your efforts I just tracked it and freaked out thinking about her being in industry all weekend. Just let me know when you got her.

Thank you

Joey

Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 9:49 am
To: "txsnakeroom@comcast.net" <txsnakeroom@comcast.net>
- Show quoted text -
Forward
show details Feb 25 (1 day ago)
I just got back from picking her up at the local fedex hub. She is alive. But i have to ask if she has feeding problems? She is so skinny i can see her spine, her skin is hanging off the side of her and she has little to no muscle mass. I am not trying to say anything is wrong with her, I am just wondering why she is so skinny. I will be happy as long as she eats for me.

Alberto
- Show quoted text -
2 attachments — Download all attachments View all images
IMG_2132.JPG
1586K View Download
IMG_2133.JPG
1540K View Download
Forward
show details Feb 25 (1 day ago)
Get her set up and feed her when you feel comfortable. She'll eat anything live or F/T. To be honest I've had so many bites on her over the past few weeks her I wanted to have her ready to ship. If for any reason you have a problem with her I feeding I will work with you. But I'm positive she'll take anything you offer.

Joey

----- Original Message -----
- Show quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Forward

Alberto Dimatteo
InvincibleBoas.com
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
LauraB
Yeah, she looks thin, not healthy - do you have any photos showing mites? Were there no photos in the seller's initial ad? Did you purchase her sight unseen or without requesting photos?

Do you have emails relative to, or did you inquire, her weight? I'm not doubting her condition or the seller's care, just wondering how much info you had or how much info the seller offered before this "quick" purchase.

Thankfully, she is in your better hands now and will soon be fat & happpy.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
bear
He had her listed individually in an add i believe and I did not act on the purchase at that time, he then put her in a group add and i do not remember if there was a picture or not, I purchased her off the group add. I do not have the pictures but I remember her looking fine in the original add.

There were some emails before, but like I said, they were short yes no question and answers, and one where I got a little huffy because I was sent no tracking number until 10:30 pm on the shipping night, which you can see my apology on the posted email. I can post them if it makes a difference

Either way, I would not have asked if the animal was skinny or looks like death. It should be common practice to sell healthy animals.

Joey emailed me today again and here is the convo we had.

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM, txsnakeroom@comcast.net <txsnakeroom@comcast.net> wrote:

Pack her up and send her back. You will be refunded. End of story. I've got no mites with my remaining boas nor pythons. You examined and handled the snake and said nothing. You don't contact me instead start a thread you obviously have been wanting to for some time. So send her back, take your money and threaten someone else.

Like I said, I want no money from you or a refund. I would never send this animal back to you. I am not threatening you at all as I want nothing from you. I am just sick of people sending garbage snakes around and giving someone the chance to avoid situations such as this in the future. This snake DID come with mites, I am not new to this hobby and I have no new additions to my collection and she was alone in an empty rack. If you think you did nothing wrong then let the thread speak for itself and let people decide for themselves, I have not exaggerated or falsified anything and have also provided pictures.

Alberto

-----Joey once again, this thread is not here to threaten or demand money. Like I said in the email and in this thread, all I want is for people to stop selling garbage animals, either get out of the hobby or shape up is all I ask of you. Never sell another animal in this condition or with mites and I'm sure you'll be fine in the future.

Alberto

Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
bear
Oh and I killed all the mites on sight, I can take pictures with the next round of hatching mites if I didn't get all the eggs out.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Matt2979
Alberto, I'm sorry to see you have to come here about your newest purchase, but I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I personally would never do business with anyone willing to send out an animal in that condition!!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Never have i seen a baby in that condition. I have seen many balls and boas in bad condition but never that far along. I don't breed boas now but i have before and never have i seen such as this.

I am glad that you decided to keep her and fatten her up as well as get rid of her mites but something tells me you will not get anything from you seller.

keep her healthy and on the road to recovery and you will profit, but this guy here on this forum may never see it.

I wish you well and i hope this little shella gains every ounce back plus some in your care.

that is the best i can hope for you and her. I hope he does try to make ammends to this but i cannot hope. I know you will do what is best for her and that is what is best.

the best thing that you have done is brought this all to our attention.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
fuzzylogix
sorry you had to go through all this. i recall you posting something in regards to being screwed over in another general thread and were hoping this transaction would be better. i honestly only have one snake in my entire collection and don't profess to be an expert at all, but even i can see that snake is skinny. i hope you can get her back to health and i hope your next transaction goes smoothly.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Matt2979
Any word from the seller?? I'd love to hear his reasoning behind sending out an animal in this terrible condition.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Focal
Poor snake.

I just want to make sure I have the right person here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=58939

Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Cp3_Pythons
I too would like to hear the sellers story behind this as the Boa is clearly THIN
Im sorry that this had to happen but yes as Laura already stated the Boa's in good hands now where it will be properly cared for...

Nick Im unsure if its the same guy but Im willing to say more than likely yes it is...