What do you think? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
What do you think?

My girls been acting funny lately. Last time she ate her normal meal of 2 jumbo rats, was back on 11-01-06, followed by urates on the 4th and 6th. She refused a meal on 11-18, but gave me a turd and a shed, so I waited a week roughly, and she took 1 jumbo rat on the 24th, but refused the second one.

Come December 1st, she gives me a turd. Same day i removed My salmon dh because all he was doing is hiding the whole time. 12-09 she refused to eat, but gave me another turd on the 14th. So I put the Salmon DH back in after cleaning. 12-25 I try to feed, and she refuses again. 12-26 and 27 she ovulated. Salmon still has no interest in her, or even being around her. He's been hiding in the corner, or her water bowl since first intro.

So, on 12-29 I throw in me Anery to spice things up. (Since I eventually need the genes combined, I figure maybe I can live with that). Sure he's willing enough, but he just couldn't get it right. Kept courting the wrong end, and getting himself tossed off. He kept this up constantly, and on 1-06 I heard a pretty loud thump, so i check it out, and My big albino girl bit my anery. I can't be having that, so out with the anery and Salmon DH, (who is still hiding BTW). So, I offer her a rat, and she takes it, but not the second one I offered. I figured she's gotta be getting hungry by now! Guess not.

So now were in January and on the 10th she gives me some urates. On the 17th she has another shed. (POS?? Usually sheds every 2 1/2 months like clockwork). On the 21 st, she took another jumbo rat, but still not 2, and went under paper to the warm spot, and has not come out since. She refused another meal on Feb 10th and 18th. This is about what I see every time I look since the 21st of Jan.

Seems she's plenty over due for a turd also. Last real one was 12-14. But she has not eaten a whole lot in that time either. But as you can see, she is not exactly skinny.Anyway, she's acting gravid to me. I guess time will tell for sure. I just swear for the life of me, that neither of my males did the trick. Maybe i just missed it......... but I was pretty glued to that enclosure. LOL

What do you think?
Rick

Old 02-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
SenorSnake
I guess you just hope that one of them did it, or she may just be full of slugs.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Metachrosis
Did you try both males at the same time ?
As in TRIO, not one then the other.
Might make ole' Sammy snap to it ?

M/

Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, he was still hiding in the corner. The anery even climbed on him for a few. LOL He was all gung ho, but........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!