Emeraild Tree Boa health- please help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Mitch Ownbey
Emeraild Tree Boa health- please help

I have an Emerald Tree Boa that I got about 5 weeks ago- it's humidity and temperatures all seem to be good- but I haven't been able to get it to eat and it has a white-caulus like circle on its side.
I've turned all the lights off and dangled a live pinky near its mouth and its squeeked and moved- and the snake won't do a thing.
I'm really concerned about the spot as well- please let me know what to do about it. Thank you.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Uroboros
I would be concerned about a bacterial infection at that site. I don't know what scale rot looks like.

A vet visit is in order.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
alfon76
Hi Mitchel. It is very hard to diagnose anything over the internet and I agree that a vet visit should be your best bet. From the pic you sent it seems that the area could be even a burn, so you might want to check if the snake can get close enough to the heat source to cause that. Otherwise, it can be something more serious. I have never owned an Emerald Tree Boa so not sure how exactly they should look overall but from your pic the snake appears dehydrated as the lower part of the body looks very wrikled up. You might want to make sure you are providing enough water and proper humidity despite what you think is adequate. Do you have a humidity gauge in the cage to see the exact humidty? Do you also have a thermometer to check the temp in the cage? Cool temps, low humidity and poor ventilation can all cause issues on your snake and would need to be corrected ASAP.

Hopefully all will be ok with the ETB and maybe by now you already wen to a local Vet that could help you.

Best of luck,
Ivan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!