Possible Blister disease ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Craigh
Possible Blister disease ball python

I also posted this on the BP forums didn't know about this forum so I am sorry for starting multiple threads that are the same ...

I went on an animal cruelty case to remove some animals many dogs. They had a normal ball python, his cage wasn't that moist just really dry but extremely filthy. I notice some lesions on him thinking it might be some kind of burns. He had a really bad shed going so I couldn't really look at him. He finely shed complete today and I noticed in a lot of places his scales are turning white and then turning to the lesions.

I am thinking it some kind of Blister disease but always that that usually started on the underbelly and his is fine. He is also under weight but that can easily be fixed. I have an appointment at my vet next week for one of my rescue dogs for heartworm treatment so going to take him in. ( He is also a herp and avian vet) Just need some advice of what I can do till then. I read that you should take any under belly heater off and just use over head heat to keep the temp. I am using unprinted newspaper atm. He are some pics sorry for the quality can't find my good camera.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Craigh
Pics .....
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
alfon76
Sorry I am late on this and hopefully you already got some help/advice from your Vet. I can't say for sure what the problem is but the filthy conditions might have something to do with it. I would recommend using a diluted betadine solution to clean the areas that appear affected and treating with Silvadene cream or Zymox cream. Both products have been quite good treating skin infections for me. Your Vet should be able to prescribe either one if needed.

Good luck,
Ivan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!