Web hosting wanted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
suzuki4life
Web hosting wanted

I am looking for an affordable web site host. This is an immediate need.

If your panel is "Plesk" ...please no need to reply. I haven't figured it out ont he current server yet.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Uroboros
I use godaddy for a couple of different sites, they're affordable as hell (~$5 per month). PLUS, you have a web space within about an hour of paying them.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
suzuki4life
I have heard this before....I used godaddy when my site first came on line. I spent more time on the phone getting their services straightened out than the site actually ran.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I've been using Lunar Pages for almost three years now. I admit I was quite skeptical about what their reliability and quality would be when I first moved my site to their servers, but downtime has been virtually none at all and the site is as fast as any other.
The reason I was skeptical is the cost is $4.95 a month and you get unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth among many other unlimited features. I didn't think that they could possibly provide that sort of service for that price without being very unreliable.
I've been very pleased with the service thus far though and haven't had any complaints about them at all.
I had one issue in the beginning when I was setting up the site, I don't remember now exactly what it was but it was something I couldn't determine how to do. I do remember my inquiry was answered and resolved within a couple of hours.

Here is the page on their site detailing the features of the plan I use if you're interested in looking it over.
http://www.lunarpages.com/basic-hosting/

Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
suzuki4life
thanks for the info clay...your site is pretty fast.

have you had service issues with them at all?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
Once or twice they've gone down for a couple of hours during server upgrades, but aside from that I don't recall any downtime.
Except for that one time in the beginning, I've never had to contact customer support so that one instance is my only experience with their support service.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
MikeAnthony
You could try Above-Hosting.com

Old 04-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
MicroZooKits
www.ixwebhosting.com gives you unlimited storage space if you're looking for a place to host a lot of multimedia

Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
Bruce Lowder
I have been very please with HostMonster.com I have been with them15 months now, and not been down at all yet!

Bruce Lowder

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!