JP PETS,any feedback? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #31
skfu
JP Pets

I just got an order from them today. I had a couple of problems but they fixed it with no hassel at all.

Thank you JP's
Jason Aspley

Old 10-16-2004, 06:52 PM   #32
bytheshore1
i went to jp pets myself and handpicked a small order. i purchased some viper boas that were very low priced. almost half what i would have paid from extreme. they all died within 3 days. my next trip i confronted joe about this after sending him an email. he said that he was the cheapest seller around and if i wanted to buy from someone else go ahead. not very nice or business like in my opinion. i know i am not one of his big customers but who knows i might be one day. my money would have been better spent elsewhere when you figure the cost of the dead ones. then i was on pins and needles about the others i had. i did not know wether to sell them or not. i didn't by the way till after i was sure they were all right. but the expense of keeping these snakes and the cost of the dead ones just flat put a stop to me buying from jp again. i have bought wc snakes from extreme and had doa snakes. i pick up the phone and recieve a credit. i spend more at some of these other companies but i feel confident when buying from them. the sex is right and the animals are what they say they are. we bought wc tiger rats, rainbows, balls and of course they acted wild but they lived long enough that i could work with them not dead in 3 days without so much as a word. overall you will lose money and your reputation, which is your livelyhood, if you buy and try to sell any reptiles that come from jp pets. if i knew that someone had bought snakes from jp and were trying to sell them to me i would not buy from them either. no offense but i was not happy with what i saw in their facility.

tim manucy
bytheshore reptiles

Old 10-16-2004, 07:00 PM   #33
Chris@TSE
Joes an asshole. bottom line. I'm sick of his childish threats via email and messenger. He's a complete waste of space, I feel very disturbed we all have to breathe the same air he's polluted. I've dealt with 16 year old kids we've had to turn down attempting to purchase snakes that had more polite business skills than he does. The almighty dollar rules this man, and he obviously cares about nothing less.

I did not bitch or gripe about the order we recieved, I had simply stated we werent overlly satisfied, it wasent like we were going to go shouting from a mountain top "HEY!!! WE GOT A KICK ASS ORDER FROM JP PETS!!!!!!!".... it was an import order, and that was that, nothing special, nothing to write home about, a little less than expected as far as a damaged snake, but it was no big deal. We did not even file a claim. I came here to share my experience and he contacts me tearing me a new a$$hole?

This scumbag is not worth your efforts.... Pay the extra money and buy from someone who CARES about thier animals. Someone who will back up what you buy. And if you DO purchase from JP for their prices, which are great by the way, have someone handpick your order. Joe and his staff are far too busy counting money to care about what they send you. From what I hear they get some really nice imports in, and if you grab them fast you're in good shape. But if they stick around they are not fed or housed properly. And joe...... Threaten me all you like you lowlife. Stop by and run your mouth, I'll shut it for you.

Asshole.

Old 10-16-2004, 07:33 PM   #34
Chris@TSE
Oh, and to clarify things. I was FINE until this scumbag threatened me. Perfectly okay with the order we received, not overlly impressed, just 'content'.... Then he had to go stir things up and create a problem when there wasnt one. He should have just let it be, but unfortunatley for everyone who deals with this man he's about as bright as a box of rocks. As far as customer service is concerned, Joes about as accomidating as a toilet full of runny crap after a mexican fiesta. Once he's got your money, its all depending on if he benifits from your business or not. If he feels theres no profit from accomidating you you can bet your ass youll be shown the bottom of his shoe.

I could care less about his company at this point. What ruined it for me was JOE himself. Not his company, not his product. The man, the myth, the pathetic excuse for a human being..... aka Asshole. Be warned...... Joe @ JP is about as greedy and unprofessional as they come. Sure, he'll be nice to you until he gets your money, but after that, dont expect anything more than the bare minimum, because thats ALL youll ever see.

and the best part about it? People who deal with him WEEKLY all have the exact things to say about him, but since his prices are so low and they are local to him they cannot afford to burn the bridge. They need to order from JP. They are basically frightened to say anythinb because they obviously will not be able to purchase anymore.... I know it sounds sad, but it's the truth. Their prices are so low it keeps alot of reputable people from speaking the truth about Joe.

Thats business I guess.... But its not the way I choose to do business. Screw him, screw his company, and screw the maimi dolphins!

Love you joe... -KISSES-

Old 10-16-2004, 09:28 PM   #35
Gary O
I never dealt With JP pets and I will tell you why

I was looking for a wholesaler. I needed good quality animals. SO I seen JP Pets list and was in shock. Talk to a few people about how JP Pets were. Everyone told me I would lose animals it was the bottom line with them

So here my opinion on it.......

I can buy a Col. Boa from JP for say 25 bucks. lets say I buy 10. That is 250 bucks. I lose say 4. Now I have 41 bucks in the ones that lived. Bottom line.

Or I could go to another Wholesaler like Burgundy(sp) and spend 35 bucks each for some boas that will live.

So see his prices are not that good...........

So losing the animals just adds to the ones that make it.

I know that you will always lose when buying from a wholesaler. But a little effort and JP Pets could really do something. But the effort he lacks really kills what he could be IMO

Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #36
Chris@TSE
agreed..

I'd much rather spend the extra money and buy from burgandy, xtreme, or strickly. Atleast I know exactly what i'll receive and we're treated with respect. Not like a number that gets better treatment depending on how many zero's follow it.

Old 10-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #37
bgexotics
I agree I would rather spend a little extra money with Burgandy or Xtreme. I know import is import, but at least when I said I wanted something specific I got it. Plus sometimes I would get something extra as a bonus without asking. Also Xtreme guarantees amphibians for 5 days no questions asked. I would rather get an import fresh off the boat than one that has been sitting in a warehouse for a few weeks. At least I can take steps to make it healthy before it deteriorates too much. Luckily I had a vet willing to share a microscope and expertise with me.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #38
Gary O
Burgandy and Xtreme are top notch. You can do a search here and just see how many people they have made happy. I would spend my money with either of them. THEY BOTH ROCK

Old 10-19-2004, 12:20 AM   #39
gemdreamer
Question if not them, then who ?

Just wondering, who to order from if not them? I have ordered a couple of times and some reptiles were good and some were bad.

But i would like to find a place to order from that is good.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:08 AM   #40
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I can say this. I have purchased from JP Pets for years and have received some awesome animals and some not so good animals. I always hand pick them myself to ensure the best is what I receive. Now as for their animals, while JP Pets imports some now a days he orders most of his animals from L.A. Reptiles as does Xtreme Reptiles. What happens after that I can not speak for as I am not there every day. I have purchased from both sellers and will continue in the future from both as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!